Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

Stephen 11-07-2018 00:36

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

It just sou d's like they have just totally copied the plot from the last 2 movies and mashed together.

General Maximus 11-07-2018 19:27

I take it you are not a fan?

Stephen 11-07-2018 19:31

I love the originals. Just think they left a sequel tok long. That and I could probably come up with a better story.

General Maximus 11-07-2018 19:48

I agree, the problem is that they see all the remakes/rivivals/nostalgia going on atm and they are trying to join in. I still think it is going to be good seeing everything again which a higher production budget and better effects.

Stephen 11-07-2018 19:52

I think it's also that they are now in their 50s.

Can't see wild stallions and air guitar working now. They'll just look embarrassing.

Kabaal 11-07-2018 20:05

Watched the first episode of The Outpost earlier and while it does seem like something i'll like it's not at all what i expected. Much cheesier and low budget than most CW fantasy shows in recent years.

Watched The New Legends of Monkey on Netflix recently, it's got the same sort of vibe.

General Maximus 11-07-2018 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35954136)
Watched the first episode of The Outpost..... Much cheesier and low budget than most CW fantasy shows in recent years.

That is the impression i got from the trailer so i am not expecting much. I am going to watch it as soon as the tennis finishes.

Paul 11-07-2018 20:55

I grabbed it last night, not in any hurry to watch it atm.

Kabaal 11-07-2018 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35954149)
That is the impression i got from the trailer so i am not expecting much. I am going to watch it as soon as the tennis finishes.

Thinking on it again a better comparison would probably be the low budget Mythica series of movies or maybe even The Legend of the Seeker show. Both of which i liked despite their short comings.

General Maximus 11-07-2018 21:26

Has anyone watched Cloak & Dagger yet? I have watched the first 5 eps and it isnt doing anything for me at all. I know i have said it about the Marvel series in general but this one is ultra slooooooooooow.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35954154)
I grabbed it last night, not in any hurry to watch it atm.

Dont bother, i have just turned it off after 5 mins. I wanted to persevere for comedic value but it literally gets worse by the second and i couldnt bring myself to watch anymore. I think somebody should tell them that the whole point of armour is to prevent slicing attacks by swords and you therefore dont die (3 times).

Stephen 11-07-2018 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35954159)
Has anyone watched Cloak & Dagger yet? I have watched the first 5 eps and it isnt doing anything for me at all. I know i have said it about the Marvel series in general but this one is ultra slooooooooooow.......

Dont bother, i have just turned it off after 5 mins. I wanted to persevere for comedic value but it literally gets worse by the second and i couldnt bring myself to watch anymore. I think somebody should tell them that the whole point of armour is to prevent slicing attacks by swords and you therefore dont die (3 times).

I gave up on Cloak & Dagger after 4 episodes. It was just too slow and boring.

Paul 12-07-2018 18:20

The previews I saw of Cloak & Dagger turned me off even bothering.

Nothing anyone has said about it so far has made me revisit that decision.

pip08456 12-07-2018 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35954159)

Me too, I'll give it one more ep but I'm ready to ditch it. Either they are both too thick not to see the connection they obviously have or just too stupid.

Take it as it's meant to be, a "fantasy" series. The normal laws don't apply. I'll give it a couple of more episodes and then decide.

General Maximus 12-07-2018 19:58

It isnt the fantasy bit that bothers me, it is the abysmal acting, script and production quality. It looks like something the BBC has made and this is why i dont watch english tv series. I cant enjoy something, believe it is real and put myself into that universe if every second something isnt right and annoying me. For all the grief the Shannara Chronicles got it was a million times better than this.

pip08456 12-07-2018 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35954256)
It isnt the fantasy bit that bothers me, it is the abysmal acting, script and production quality. It looks like something the BBC has made and this is why i dont watch english tv series. I cant enjoy something, believe it is real and put myself into that universe if every second something isnt right and annoying me. For all the grief the Shannara Chronicles got it was a million times better than this.

On that basis I have to agree 100%;).