Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : All change for Sky Sports channels & packages? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704704)

theone2k10 13-07-2017 22:32

Re: All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Seen something on dspy for pricing on SKY 1 sports channel £18 2 £22 all £27.50.

Paul 13-07-2017 22:39

Yep ;

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?p=35907106

:)

japitts 15-07-2017 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 (Post 35907376)
But thinking about it, when now do you see two different live sports matches both broadcast on sky sports for the same sport at the same time? It is very rare if it ever happens.

Sorry to follow this post up, and I don't mean to dig at Bananaman, but...

For several hours today, different live rugby is on SS1 & SS5. Different live cricket is on SS2 & SS3. Admittedly, SS3 is simulcast on Mix, and both rugby games could take up Arena & Action at the same time, but.....

Mad Max 08-08-2017 16:30

I'm just off the phone to Sky a few minutes ago, at the moment they are offering all the Sky Sports channels for £20 per month, along with their lowest TV package which is £15 per month and includes Atlantic, this is an 18 month deal, and if I was to take it I'd also need three Sky Q boxes which would cost me £139 for installation, and put the monthly cost up from £35 to £47, imo that's a very good deal, and if you are on your own and only need one Sky Q box then it's only £20 for install and a monthly cost of £35, this is for TV only. Obviously most people would need broadband which Sky supply, but you'd also need to take their the telephone line to get their broadband, and for their fibre max, which has speeds up to 70/80 Mbs, it would cost a total of £43 including the landline, so all in all a total monthly cost of £90 for the lot with three boxes.
I'd probably go with their TV package and keep the broadband from Virgin.

theone2k10 08-08-2017 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35911482)
I'm just off the phone to Sky a few minutes ago, at the moment they are offering all the Sky Sports channels for £20 per month, along with their lowest TV package which is £15 per month and includes Atlantic, this is an 18 month deal, and if I was to take it I'd also need three Sky Q boxes which would cost me £139 for installation, and put the monthly cost up from £35 to £47, imo that's a very good deal, and if you are on your own and only need one Sky Q box then it's only £20 for install and a monthly cost of £35, this is for TV only. Obviously most people would need broadband which Sky supply, but you'd also need to take their the telephone line to get their broadband, and for their fibre max, which has speeds up to 70/80 Mbs, it would cost a total of £43 including the landline, so all in all a total monthly cost of £90 for the lot with three boxes.
I'd probably go with their TV package and keep the broadband from Virgin.

On top of that if you like movies because you'd have Sky sports you could have movies for £8pm extra so all in for £95 is pretty good tbh. But even if you keep vm bb and get sky tv only it'd still only be around £55 all in tv wise if you was to take movies lol.

Gavin-D 08-08-2017 17:08

Sky Sports is now £22 a month for 1 year with VM see here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...8#post35911488

Offer not open to existing Sky sports or movies customers

muppetman11 08-08-2017 17:19

Also worth mentioning Sky don't include BT Sport like VM's top base package if that's important to you.

Paul 08-08-2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35911482)
....and if I was to take it I'd also need three Sky Q boxes which would cost me £139 for installation, and put the monthly cost up from £35 to £47, imo that's a very good deal, and if you are on your own and only need one Sky Q box then it's only £20 for install and a monthly cost of £35, this is for TV only.

Which is ok if you want Sky Q I guess.

Based on the screenshots and information in various threads, the interface is dreadful, and one we'll avoid as long as possible.

muppetman11 08-08-2017 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35911498)

Based on the screenshots and information in various threads, the interface is dreadful, and one we'll avoid as long as possible.

Purely personal but I would never go back to Sky+HD , I find Q pretty intuitive and easy to use and for us the pros far outweigh the cons but then I've never really obsessed over an interface for me it's more the extra functionality Q brings.

Mad Max 08-08-2017 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35911500)
Purely personal but I would never go back to Sky+HD , I find Q pretty intuitive and easy to use and for us the pros far outweigh the cons but then I've never really obsessed over an interface for me it's more the extra functionality Q brings.

MM, do you use their UHD? and if so does it cost extra?

Thx

muppetman11 08-08-2017 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35911501)
MM, do you use their UHD? and if so does it cost extra?

Thx

I have the 2TB box and multiscreen and UHD is included in line with your subscription.

I believe those are the requirements , the 2TB box and Multiscreen so if you don't have or need multscreen it's extra.

denphone 09-08-2017 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35911498)

Being honest l tried Sky Q when we stayed up with our family and being unbiased here l much preferred the V6 interface.

OLD BOY 09-08-2017 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35911553)
Being honest l tried Sky Q when we stayed up with our family and being unbiased here l much preferred the V6 interface.

I much prefer Sky's UI. VM's looks antiquated by comparison. However, I think this may change within the next 18 months to two years as a common Horizon look is rolled out by Liberty Global.

denphone 09-08-2017 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35911558)
I much prefer Sky's UI. VM's looks antiquated by comparison. However, I think this may change within the next 18 months to two years as a common Horizon look is rolled out by Liberty Global.

Well each to their own OB.:)

Gavin-D 09-08-2017 09:49

I've just checked my emails and I have one from VM saying thanks for signing up to the sky sports offer the only thing is I haven't done so

:confused:

Anyone else had an email overnight?