Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698617)

Pierre 05-11-2014 20:53

Re: Doctor Who : Season 8

Best bit of the episode was the way Missy/master said "I'm in charge"

Quality

Russ 08-11-2014 21:47

The ending was pretty anti-climatic to be honest. As soon as it was clear Earth was safe it was a bit of a 'meh' moment. Up until then it was one of the best episodes of the series not that it had much competition. Some poor casting choices (the majority of supporting characters just seemed like young middle-class university/media types) and at times the acting was embarrassingly bad but it did have its moments.

One of the weaker seasons of the new Doctor Who but I'm looking forward to the Christmas episodes and whatever comes next.

Stephen 08-11-2014 22:42

I throughly enjoyed it.

Loved the new Cybermen voices and Missy has been by far the best Master of recent years, hope she will be back.

Lovely final send off for the Brig also. Shame so many characters got bumped off.

martyh 09-11-2014 12:12

Worst season ever

Tezcatlipoca 09-11-2014 16:11

I'm sure that Missy will be back.

Maybe she teleported rather than was disintegrated. Or, if she did die, she would presumably have been sent to the Nethersphere and so could escape from there.

One thing though...

Shouldn't Clara be pregnant, given that her and The Doctor met a descendant of her and Danny earlier in the series?

Stephen 09-11-2014 17:18

Unless the future is changed as of course nothing is set in stone ;)

Rewatching some episodes from the last few seasons, I am now even more sure that this season has been fantastic.

Can't wait till Christmas.

Mick Fisher 09-11-2014 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35739865)
Worst season ever

agreed :(

Stephen 09-11-2014 20:16

I think Missy did Teleport as she went blue where as everyone else went in a puff of red.

Lew 09-11-2014 20:52

She wasn't killed by her own weapon, though. Pink killed her so that Clara wouldn't have to.

dilli-theclaw 09-11-2014 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lew (Post 35739992)
She wasn't killed by her own weapon, though. Pink killed her so that Clara wouldn't have to.

Actually Pink didn't kill / shoot her ;)

Spoiler: 
It was the Brigadier back as a cyberman after rescuing his daughter that shot her

Chris 09-11-2014 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35740000)
Actually Pink didn't kill / shoot her ;)

Spoiler: 
It was the Brigadier back as a cyberman after rescuing his daughter that shot her

Something tells me that the Master wouldn't engineer a Cyberman army, and then hand it over to the Doctor, without first ensuring that (s)he had some defence against their weapons...

Stephen 09-11-2014 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35740039)
Something tells me that the Master wouldn't engineer a Cyberman army, and then hand it over to the Doctor, without first ensuring that (s)he had some defence against their weapons...

Like if they tried to shoot her she teleports to her TARDIS.....

dilli-theclaw 10-11-2014 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35740039)

Indeed, the point was it wasn't Pink who shot her.

I started watching Dr who late but I've seen the master return from being a withered husk, a slug, a fob watch and Ming the merciless' ring so nothing would surprise me :)

Pierre 19-11-2014 23:40

Finally got a round to watching this.

I thought it was very good. Michelle Gomez was excellent as Missy.

A very strong, possibly the strongest, first season as a Doctor. Can't wait for the next season, just hope the writers are as good as Capaldi.

Russ 25-12-2014 19:16

What an anti-climax :erm:

Good episode but it was trying too hard to be clever for its own good. And we were told it would be sad? The only bit I thought was sad was when that lady realised she was in a wheelchair.