Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media prices are going up again... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705209)

Nero182 26-08-2017 14:44

Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Phoned up and managed to get this deal which I didn't think was bad. I went through web chat for this...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2017/08/21.jpg

Gavin-D 26-08-2017 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nero182 (Post 35914111)
Phoned up and managed to get this deal which I didn't think was bad. I went through web chat for this...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2017/08/21.jpg

Does that exclude the rise in November?

From around next May you'll then be paying around £125 a month for that package

Nero182 26-08-2017 14:50

Nope the agent said that my new package won't be affected with the price rise.

Yeah that's the only downside shame I couldn't get the discount for 12 months.

nomadking 26-08-2017 15:02

It was only a few weeks ago they were offering all that with 2 V6 boxes for £90/month for the 1st 12 months on a 12 month contract.

Nero182 26-08-2017 15:16

Ah maybe not as good then as I thought... I am getting 2 Boxes in this deal also.

Might have paid off if I had phoned up then.

Gavin-D 29-08-2017 14:40

Still, no letter about a price rise I believe the deadline is September 30th for people to cancel if they wanted to? which means for 30 day's notice they have to have them out by Thursday

Maybe I'm not getting a rise... I wish

JPAC 29-08-2017 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 35914409)
Still, no letter about a price rise I believe the deadline is September 30th for people to cancel if they wanted to? which means for 30 day's notice they have to have them out by Thursday

Maybe I'm not getting a rise... I wish

Isn't the price rise in November, so 30 days prior is October?

Gavin-D 29-08-2017 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPAC (Post 35914422)

Starts hitting bills from October as billing is a month in advance

nashville 29-08-2017 16:01

I am paid up to January with my years subscription so should be ok till then

spiderplant 29-08-2017 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPAC (Post 35914422)

From the T's&C's:
"If we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our monthly charges under this agreement
you may cancel this agreement without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. The notice of termination must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to this agreement being notified to you. If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges."

Mr K 29-08-2017 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35914438)
From the T's&C's:
"If we and/or Virgin Media Payments increase our monthly charges under this agreement
you may cancel this agreement without penalty by giving us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) at least 30 days' notice. The notice of termination must be given within 30 days of the increase in charges or changes to this agreement being notified to you.If you were not notified of these changes in advance, you must give notice of cancellation of the services affected to us and/or Virgin Media Payments (as applicable) within 30 days of receipt of your first bill following such increase in charges."

So what VM are saying is there's a chance they won't notify all customers, and if you don't notice it on your bill then tough titty? Is this a new addition to the T&C's, seems very suspect.

BenMcr 29-08-2017 22:48

That term has always been there, and Virgin Media will always send out some form of price change notification where it affects a customer to the registered contact details.

However there many factors that can mean that a customer doesn't see the notification. From people not reading what Virgin Media sent, to not ensuring Virgin Media have the correct email or contact postal address, to the postal service losing the post, or an email ending up in SPAM folder.

So it's a prompt to say that people should also check their bills and speak to Virgin Media if there is change they want to query.

spiderplant 29-08-2017 22:55

Here's a reference to it 5 years ago
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...05&postcount=3

denphone 04-09-2017 14:40

Just received the price rise email this morning stating.

Quote:

Our prices are going up on 1st November But your bill won't change until your offer ends.
Quote:

As you're currently enjoying a special offer, these changes won't affect you right away. But when your offer ends, you'll start paying the full price for your package - and this will be going up by an extra £3.99 a month.

bubblegun 08-09-2017 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35914426)
I am paid up to January with my years subscription so should be ok till then

Probably not. You'll find money you've paid up-front (apart from telephone line rental) will run out a bit sooner so you'll likely get a bill earlier than expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35914494)
That term has always been there, and Virgin Media will always send out some form of price change notification where it affects a customer to the registered contact details.

However there many factors that can mean that a customer doesn't see the notification. From people not reading what Virgin Media sent, to not ensuring Virgin Media have the correct email or contact postal address, to the postal service losing the post, or an email ending up in SPAM folder.

So it's a prompt to say that people should also check their bills and speak to Virgin Media if there is change they want to query.

So, technically, customers have at least 60 days to cancel in these price rise circumstances since they should be notified at least 30 days before the first bill with a price rise included in it and then have another 30/31 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35915208)
Just received the price rise email this morning stating.

Cancel Now!!!

They're trying to trick you!

I'm just kidding, but they are..