Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Hugh 12-02-2024 20:44

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36169995)
Ouch, that’s the 2nd worst pain I’ve ever known, only beaten by gall stones

Been fortunate enough never to have had gallstones - had kidney stones, though, and they were "interesting"... :shocking:

Jaymoss 12-02-2024 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36170000)
Been fortunate enough never to have had gallstones - had kidney stones, though, and they were "interesting"... :shocking:

still got 2 Stones grinding away at my Kidneys one 5mm the other smaller waiting on a follow up scan

Maggy 12-02-2024 22:07

Hip joint has deteriorated over Christmas and I cannot walk any real distance without pain.Apparently I'm already on the strongest painkillers possible so now I'm going to see the physio at the surgery this week.At least I can still drive.

mrmistoffelees 13-02-2024 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36170000)

It is the most excruciating pain I’ve ever known far exceeding when I planted my motocross bike into a tree at 40mph

gallstones left me curled up on the living room floor at 2am whimpering. Taken to A&E, morphine didn’t even touch the pain, it wasn’t until I had a second type of opiate painkiller inserted somewhere else that the pain began to subside

Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy

peanut 13-02-2024 10:34

With PKD (Polycystic kidney disease) it mimics the pain of kidney stones as the cysts grow. Sadly it is now a common symptom for me. I'm learning to live it with now.

But that's nothing compared to Parsonage-Turner syndrome (PTS). The pain was so bad, so prolonged I wanted to cut my own arm off and would have, other than that I came close to jumping off a bridge. What stopped me was over 3 years of continuous joint morphine and oxycodone. I still get a lot pain in my arm/shoulder but I now live in fear of feeling that kind of pain again. Because of that I now no longer have functionable (right) arm due to it.

denphone 13-02-2024 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36170002)
Hip joint has deteriorated over Christmas and I cannot walk any real distance without pain.Apparently I'm already on the strongest painkillers possible so now I'm going to see the physio at the surgery this week.At least I can still drive.

So sorry to hear about your hip pain Maggy as l hope the physio can improve things for you.

GrimUpNorth 13-02-2024 14:15

To all those suffering pain you have my sympathy. Having had my gall bladder removed I know where you're all coming from, and now living with chronic pain and associated issues due to cervical spondylosis I can understand how long-term pain can get you down and the impact it can have on everyday life.

Taf 13-02-2024 15:02

People who have paid National Insurance all their lives are rewarded with a higher State Pension. Just £2.80 extra per week more than people who didn't, and have to claim Pension Credit.

Those on Pension Credit also can get reductions on rent, Council Tax, dental treatment, get glasses vouchers, free TV licence if they are over 75, and warm homes discount and cold weather payments. And if they are Unpaid Carers, they can get money for that, whilst those who get Full State Pensions are denied Carers Allowance and have to do the care for nothing.

Something went wrong somewhere!

SnoopZ 25-02-2024 09:09

Moan 1 - Got no water this morning upstairs and very little pressure downstairs, they're aware of the issue so it's not just me.

Moan 2 - I've never registered online with my account and in trying to do so it's saying my customer number, name and post code don't match and I've been the only owner of this property for the last 26 years so no idea why.

GrimUpNorth 29-02-2024 19:40

Ordered some sachets of coffee from eBay for £10.99. Had an email today from UPS to say they're delivering tomorrow, but are expecting us to pay import fees and taxes of £83.60. Can't say I'm impressed, and can't see me accepting the parcel.

SnoopZ 29-02-2024 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36171140)
Ordered some sachets of coffee from eBay for £10.99. Had an email today from UPS to say they're delivering tomorrow, but are expecting us to pay import fees and taxes of £83.60. Can't say I'm impressed, and can't see me accepting the parcel.

That can't be right!

GrimUpNorth 29-02-2024 19:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36171141)
That can't be right!

I know, just got to get hold of customer service before the delivery arrives.

mrmistoffelees 29-02-2024 20:53

Dentists or lack there of, lost a tooth in December losing another one now even with private dental care from work the nearest dentist can’t see me as they’re full and the nearest one that can see me is over 100 miles away.

Might be time to get the pliers out

Dude111 29-02-2024 21:33

Im so sorry everyone :(

peanut 12-03-2024 17:42

Vets taking over our insurance claim and charging us for doing it without consulting us first. Surely that's unlawful.