Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : Season 2011/12 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33678768)

denphone 28-08-2011 20:53

Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35293586)
His mouths not the only thing he can't control...

Co-presenters Tony Cascarino and Patrick Kinghorn - billed as 'The King and Cas' - fell out spectacularly on-air when Kinghorn accused the married ex-Ireland striker of "chasing that 21-year-old around the office". The pair had a heated discussion during the next commercials and an apparently contrite Kinghorn returned after the break to say: "I just want to apologise for saying that Cas has been chasing a 21-year-old around the office. She wasn't 21, she was 19!"

Cascarino leaped across the desk, punched his co-host in the face and, as production staff quickly cued up another set of ads, the pair continued to brawl on an office sofa until Cascarino was pulled off Kinghorn by his former international team-mate Ray Houghton. The duo then resumed their show, sporting cuts and bruises.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opin...cle194807.html

Yes there seems to be several pundits like this and it beggars belief that these TV and Radio stations employ these idiots and then have the balls to call them experts.

LondonRoad 28-08-2011 22:28

SCOTLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS - AGAIN

Today's big issue;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-14694749

Patricia Manterola, Ana Barbara, Nery Castillo, Hugo Sanchez, Pancho Villa, Speedy Gonzalez.... your boys took a hellava beatin :D

Damien 29-08-2011 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35293573)
Sky Sports pundit Cascarino under fire after 'holocaust' comment
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Football pundit Tony Cascarino sparked outrage today after he described a player as having a 'holocaust' of a game.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1WLtnzswN

:dozey:

Idiotic comment. However who hasn't made an ill-advised comment now and then? Generally you don't make them at work and especially not on TV but if you do it all the time then make your brain doesn't register correct and you pluck an ill-advised work out the air.

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 (Post 35293582)
Greatest post ever. :-D
Seriously though, I was always under the impression that Wenger had at least £40m to spend, regardless of whether Fabregas and/or Nasri were sold? I will happily be corrected though but I could swear I read it.

Let's wait and see what happens this week...

TheDaddy 29-08-2011 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 (Post 35293582)
Greatest post ever. :-D
Seriously though, I was always under the impression that Wenger had at least £40m to spend, regardless of whether Fabregas and/or Nasri were sold? I will happily be corrected though but I could swear I read it.

Yes many were under that impression, the more I see and hear though the more I think his hands are being tied by the board, bet he spends what he has brought in and not a penny more.

Damien 29-08-2011 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35293679)
Yes many were under that impression, the more I see and hear though the more I think his hands are being tied by the board, bet he spends what he has brought in and not a penny more.

From what I hear it's the wages that are restricting him and not the actual transfer fee. The board want cheaper players such as Cahill, who Wenger feels isn't that much better than the players he already has, because his wages would fit into the existing structure.

denphone 29-08-2011 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35293716)
From what I hear it's the wages that are restricting him and not the actual transfer fee. The board want cheaper players such as Cahill, who Wenger feels isn't that much better than the players he already has, because his wages would fit into the existing structure.

The thing is Arsenal,s wage structure is having more and more repercussions as time goes on and their stance is brave in some respects but it is foolhardy in other respects as the other big clubs move further ahead.

iadom 29-08-2011 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35293631)
SCOTLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS - AGAIN

:D

And Arsenal are Premiership Champions.

Champions:D

Damien 29-08-2011 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35293718)
The thing is Arsenal,s wage structure is having more and more repercussions as time goes on and their stance is brave in some respects but it is foolhardy in other respects as the other big clubs move further ahead.

Well not much we can do about that.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 35293740)
And Arsenal are Premiership Champions.

Champions:D

Good for them! Andy Gray must be spitting blood :erm:

iadom 29-08-2011 15:47

Just heard on 5Live that Arsenal are to compensate all of their fans who went to Old Trafford yesterday.

Something about no charges for next away game, not going to refund travelling expenses though.

Compensation

thenry 29-08-2011 15:56

Yup and rightly so, they were fantastic. As much as this is a start, theres a lot more to do to fix the relationship.

denphone 29-08-2011 16:08

Sky sources now indicate that Arsenal want to buy Alex of Chelsea

thenry 29-08-2011 20:59

Arsenal have signed Fenerbaches Brazillian left back Andre Santos. Deal to be completed tomorrow I guess.

Seeing as a few Turkish clubs are in the poo as a result of corruption, relegation etc. etc. Who else is up to standards that can be brought in? Might as well conduct a raid :dunce:

Damien 29-08-2011 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35294051)
Arsenal have signed Fenerbaches Brazillian left back Andre Santos. Deal to be completed tomorrow I guess.

Seeing as a few Turkish clubs are in the poo as a result of corruption, relegation etc. etc. Who else is up to standards that can be brought in? Might as well conduct a raid :dunce:

Where did you hear that?

I am getting really ticked off with our targets. Santos, Alex, Benayoun? :mad:

denphone 29-08-2011 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35294051)

Can,t say l have heard of him but l am sure Arsene knows what he is doing.

thenry 29-08-2011 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35294053)
Where did you hear that?

I am getting really ticked off with our targets. Santos, Alex, Benayoun? :mad:

NTV Sport in Turkey are reporting Arsenal have agreed a fee in the region of €7m for Fenerbache full-back Andre Santos.

NTV reporting now that Andre Santos will complete Arsenal move before Wednesday.

Benayoun and even Alex are a real move of desperation. I'd rather see youth evolve than see that come off. I'll hold my hands up and say its dignity and stubbornness but I'm not fussed.

Apparently Arsenal have been told to pay 30 odd mil pounds for Mario Gotze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35294054)
Can,t say l have heard of him but l am sure Arsene knows what he is doing.

He's got flair going forward, thats all I've seen on youtube. Others saying he sucks :confused: