Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Paul 06-12-2023 18:46

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Stupid cookie pop-ups on every bloody site, FFS, its really.. really.. annoying.

Sites that insist my password has a "special character" in it.
One site then rejected the password as "contains an invalid character". Morons.

Sites that want you to confirm your email, then block copy/paste of it - what is the point, idiots.

Dude111 06-12-2023 20:39

Yea I hear ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

peanut 08-12-2023 08:41

Amazon deliveries.... When they turn up, why can't they just press the doorbell instead of leaving the items on the doorstep then walk away. How hard can it be. :mad::confused::mad:

joglynne 08-12-2023 11:16

My husband is due to have hip replacement surgery on the 20th. His latest Urine Microscopy post-op test has shown a high WBC and his operation is now in jepardy. Most probably a UTI but more worringly it could also be a Kidney infection and, as he only has the one kidney, we are now feeling very stressed with his RenalCancer Consultant now being envolved.

John is going in for blood tests and possibly scans early Monday.

Good that it's been picked up but we could do without all the worry and stress this is causing.

denphone 08-12-2023 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36166212)
My husband is due to have hip replacement surgery on the 20th. His latest Urine Microscopy post-op test has shown a high WBC and his operation is now in jepardy. Most probably a UTI but more worringly it could also be a Kidney infection and, as he only has the one kidney, we are now feeling very stressed with his RenalCancer Consultant now being envolved.

Good that it's been picked up but we could do without all the worry and stress this is causing.

So sorry to hear about your husband jo as l sincerely hope they can get your husband back on track and that they can do your husbands hip operation ASAP.

TheDaddy 08-12-2023 11:50

Quote:

All the best to you both Jo

spiderplant 08-12-2023 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36166192)
Amazon deliveries.... When they turn up, why can't they just press the doorbell instead of leaving the items on the doorstep then walk away. How hard can it be. :mad::confused::mad:

Mrs P asked a delivery man (not Amazon) why he didn't use our video doorbell. He said they had been told not to so that it didn't capture their image. She pointed out that it captured him anyway. He didn't have an answer to that. :shrug:

Jaymoss 08-12-2023 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36166237)
Mrs P asked a delivery man (not Amazon) why he didn't use our video doorbell. He said they had been told not to so that it didn't capture their image. She pointed out that it captured him anyway. He didn't have an answer to that. :shrug:

I have a Ring floodlight cam as well as a doorbell. I have the floodlight cam set up on a tablet showing live view with an auto clicker that restarts the live every 12 minutes. Pretty much get 24/7 recording and and monitor the Front of the house at will

Caught an Amazon driver throw a parcel into my Garden once. Would never have known it was there

Tinky 08-12-2023 20:13

Quote:

My thoughts are with you Jo x

GrimUpNorth 08-12-2023 21:24

Quote:

Hope it goes OK and thinking of you.

Paul 08-12-2023 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36166237)
He said they had been told not to so that it didn't capture their image.

Why would they not want their image captured ? What are they hiding ....
As you also noted, every doorbell cam I've seen would record them anyway, so the advice is nonsense.

Tinky 09-12-2023 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36165943)
The seller has now made a generous offer to give full refund plus 50% of return postage, seems fair.

Well turns out they are only going to refund £2.50 postage, it cost me £16.85. I know ridiculous, but it was a neighbour who took it down to the Post Office for me. :erm:

Jaymoss 09-12-2023 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36166265)
Well turns out they are only going to refund £2.50 postage, it cost me £16.85. I know ridiculous, but it was a neighbour who took it down to the Post Office for me. :erm:

I know this is off no help now but you can arrange pick ups for quite large parcels for cheap online. I know Evri is rubbish and I would not recommend them but for £17 you can send something quite massive Parcel Monkey for example quote for various services and a UK to UK 3KG Parcel rangers from as little as £7. Evri collected is £8.39

Parcel Force do a 10KG 50cm x50cm x50cm parcel collected for £12

Tinky 09-12-2023 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36166266)
I know this is off no help now but you can arrange pick ups for quite large parcels for cheap online. I know Evri is rubbish and I would not recommend them but for £17 you can send something quite massive Parcel Monkey for example quote for various services and a UK to UK 3KG Parcel rangers from as little as £7. Evri collected is £8.39

Parcel Force do a 10KG 50cm x50cm x50cm parcel collected for £12

Thanks for that Jay, I'll know better in future.:tu:

mrmistoffelees 09-12-2023 22:06

My own stupidity…..

Assembles new Christmas tree has built in lights so connects all wires
Plug plug into mains,nothing
Checks all connections, still nothing
Notices button on plug presses, nothing
Sits staring for ten minutes wondering what’s going on
Suddenly realises plug is plugged into a smart plug
Checks power status of plug in app