Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Government & Post Election Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705028)

denphone 20-11-2017 05:31

Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35925575)
What blinkers? I think that's something you should look at yourself, Den! Corbyn and McDonnell are dangerous Marxists, something you and some others are conveniently overlooking. If they got in, we'd all know about it rather sooner than you think!

Don't forget that none of the real talent within the Parliamentary Labour Party trust him and won't even serve in his Cabinet. That should tell you all you need to know, but still you think he is a credible alternative.

The mind boggles how you cannot see these men for what they are.

If you have read my previous posts you will have noticed l am no fan of either the government or the opposition unlike some who cannot see much further then their nose when it comes to political commenting on this forum be it from either side.

Also whatever party one supports on this forum be it Conservative , Labour or the tiddlywinks party they should be respected as its their personal voting decision based on what they think and thus one should not be insulted or mocked because of their political leanings IMO.

Osem 20-11-2017 07:59

Labour bang on about lack of unity within HMG but their own party is in a state of chaos but this is all being conveniently overlooked by a lot of people right now. If we were ever unlucky enough to have this shambles in charge of UK PLC we'd soon see it all start to unravel and once again it'd be left to other to clear up the mess they leave behind. Sound familiar?...

papa smurf 20-11-2017 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35925582)
If you have read my previous posts you will have noticed l am no fan of either the government or the opposition unlike some who cannot see much further then their nose when it comes to political commenting on this forum be it from either side.

Also whatever party one supports on this forum be it Conservative , Labour or the tiddlywinks party they should be respected as its their personal voting decision based on what they think and thus one should not be insulted or mocked because of their political leanings IMO.

for someone who isn't a labour supporter you do a great job supporting their supporters ;)

1andrew1 20-11-2017 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35925590)
for someone who isn't a labour supporter you do a great job supporting their supporters ;)

Den's just being objective. Order-Order and the Express may be uncomfortable with such an approach but he's probably representative of lots of people.

Osem 20-11-2017 10:12

... and to think there are still people who who reckon Labour can't be any worse? :spin: :rofl:

papa smurf 20-11-2017 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35925592)
... and to think there are still people who who reckon Labour can't be any worse? :spin: :rofl:

i'll ask andrew what den thinks about that :)

denphone 20-11-2017 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35925591)
Den's just being objective. Order-Order and the Express may be uncomfortable with such an approach but he's probably representative of lots of people.

Yes sadly objectiveness and balance is in short supply currently one must say Andrew.:)

Osem 20-11-2017 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35925594)
i'll ask andrew what den thinks about that :)

Maybe you can find out what their negotiation stance on the EU is because the last time I heard it was to accept a deal at any cost. Mind you they can't be worse than the Tories can they... :rofl:

papa smurf 20-11-2017 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35925597)
Yes sadly objectiveness and balance is in short supply currently one must say Andrew.:)

nice to see you back i don't like dealing with minions when your out ;)

Mr K 20-11-2017 12:35

It's always the last resort of a dying govt. and it's fans to say the alternative would be worse (they may or may not be).

Smacks of 'we know we're crap, and haven't delivered and have no new ideas, so scaring the plebs is the best strategy'....... Think they'd have learnt from the last election that this tactic is less and less effective. People are feeling the effects of inflation, stagnant wages, collapsing public services and might feel they have little to lose.

papa smurf 20-11-2017 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35925603)
It's always the last resort of a dying govt. and it's fans to say the alternative would be worse (they may or may not be).

Smacks of 'we know we're crap, and haven't delivered and have no new ideas, so scaring the plebs is the best strategy'....... Think they'd have learnt from the last election that this tactic is less and less effective. People are feeling the effects of inflation, stagnant wages, collapsing public services and might feel they have little to lose.

a bit like that project fear thing eh :shrug:

OLD BOY 20-11-2017 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35925582)

But, Den, you accused me of being blinkered, so aren't you doing just that?

I was pointing out to you that Corbyn and McDonnell are both Marxists. They admit that. Does this not disturb you at all?

Maggy 20-11-2017 13:31

As long as they aren't admirers of Stalin or Putin who cares?

papa smurf 20-11-2017 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35925616)
As long as they aren't admirers of Stalin or Putin who cares?

sane people tend to care ;)

denphone 20-11-2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35925613)
But, Den, you accused me of being blinkered, so aren't you doing just that?

I was pointing out to you that Corbyn and McDonnell are both Marxists. They admit that. Does this not disturb you at all?

A lot disturbs me in this country be it the 2 Marxist of the opposition party but l am just as much disturbed by the utter chaotic HMG as they fight among themselves on a regular basis stabbing each other in the back when we are supposed to garnering a reasonable well thought out Brexit strategy which suits us all and not just certain sections of this country but alas the PM was more interested in political expediency to further her own political ends in calling a general election when that was the last thing this country needed and now look at the mess we are in now unless you think differently to the near two thirds who think the government handling of the Brexit negotiations thus so far has been nothing sort of shambolic as to put it frankly they could not organise a piss up in a brewery IMO.