Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

dilli-theclaw 22-05-2012 08:11

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

When I went away with Natalie last year I took her on a steam train, it was great :)

Mr_love_monkey 22-05-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35431419)
When I went away with Natalie last year I took her on a steam train, it was great :)

That sounds like a euphemism :)

carlwaring 22-05-2012 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35431363)
Steam train Carl? I assume that was what you meant.

Yes Jem :) Sorry for the confusion. I sometimes forget to quote and don't realise there's more posts after the one I'm answering :blush:

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35431426)
That sounds like a euphemism :)

Or possibly a boast :p:

carlwaring 22-05-2012 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35431435)
My happy thought is that they've stopped terrestrial TV here so I thought I'd see if the TV in the kitchen's freeview would work on the old antenna that's falling to bits. It's looped into the RF output of the VM box so it shows those channels but it's nice to be able to have separate programs on the two+ tvs. No sweat, all channels at 70 to 80% signal. Looks like those arround me whove sported out on fancy shiny antenna's have wasted their money.

Slight OT but I just wanted to say that this was my experience too. My terrestrial signal was terrible (we live in a bit of a "dip" here in Knaresbrough, so "line of sight to transmitter" isn't brilliant) so I assumed I'd need a new aerial. But I didn't worry too much about it as I have cable; so FV was just a backup anyway. I am happy to report, though, that I am getting a fantastic FV signal :cleader::hyper:

dilli-theclaw 22-05-2012 09:27

1 Attachment(s)
I always find it very funny that my freeview signal is so bad here.

I guess I'm too close (Sandy Heath) to the transmitter.

Peter_ 22-05-2012 09:35

Quote:

My happy thought is that they've stopped terrestrial TV here so I thought I'd see if the TV in the kitchen's freeview would work on the old antenna that's falling to bits. It's looped into the RF output of the VM box so it shows those channels but it's nice to be able to have separate programs on the two+ tvs. No sweat, all channels at 70 to 80% signal. Looks like those arround me whove sported out on fancy shiny antenna's have wasted their money.

The same here, I have an standard aerial I installed over 15 years ago which can provide cover for 3/4 television's in the house due to the routing of the cabling, and around me people have had installed those pretty Freeview aerials at an exorbitant cost to get exactly the same signal, we are about 10/15 miles as the crow flies from Winterhill with nothing in the way either.:D

Peter_ 22-05-2012 11:35

I had a freeview box fitted to mine for years so I knew it would work with any new television with inbuilt freeview, but people just panic.

nashville 22-05-2012 17:54

Have a good time. Den

denphone 22-05-2012 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35431414)
Have a lovely time Den weather forecast is good.:cool: Spect the train will stop at Par or St Austell no? Take a couple of photos won't you? :):)

No the Steam train is on a separate line Tinky called the Bodmin & Wenford steam railway and yes l have took plenty of photos but have yet to take them off the camera but once l do l will post them.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:

Looks like you've got a nice bit of weather for it as well.

I came back last week from a fortnight in west Cornwall and it was freezing.https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/05/10.gif

Yes heero the weather has been excellent today and it looks fine for the rest of the week so we are very lucky with the weather.:)

Maggy 22-05-2012 19:58

Temperature reached 27 degrees here in sunny Lee-on-Solent today according to BBC weather man..

denphone 22-05-2012 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35431715)
Temperature reached 27 degrees here in sunny Lee-on-Solent today according to BBC weather man..

Yes we visited there in early March because the family live nearby in Fareham and the temperature was more like 10 degrees then.:)

nashville 23-05-2012 16:53

Brilliant day in Glasgow, I had to go to the dentist today otherwise we would have beena way for the day somewhere. However teeth are nice & clean & polished for another 6 month,

devilincarnate 23-05-2012 17:22

It is the youngest childs first Birthday today, So it is party time:D:D

Tinky 23-05-2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35432024)
Brilliant day in Glasgow, I had to go to the dentist today otherwise we would have beena way for the day somewhere. However teeth are nice & clean & polished for another 6 month,

Gnashers nice now Nash lol? Been a glorious day here as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35432036)

Happy 1st Birthday to your babe. :)

dilli-theclaw 23-05-2012 20:33

I picked up and built my new vax power vacuum this evening, wow that's got some suction.

Took me a while to assemble it though ;)

Uncle Peter 23-05-2012 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432121)
I picked up and built my new vax power vacuum this evening, wow that's got some suction.

Took me a while to assemble it though ;)

Good job you didn't have to pick up a VAX 8978. I think we might still have "one" sat in the corner of one of our data centres ready to be scrapped but it's not too hot on keeping your carpet clean.

Mr_love_monkey 23-05-2012 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432121)

fnar fnar!

denphone 23-05-2012 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35432036)

l hope he has a lovely Birthday Devil.

Tinky 24-05-2012 07:16

We are going for a wander round Newquay today, it's promising to be a gorgeous day! :)

dilli-theclaw 24-05-2012 07:29

Sounds nice :)

Tinky 24-05-2012 07:49

Thanks Dilli we often take the bus through, it's a nice place in the quiet season. I just remembered we have vouchers for Wetherspoons so maybe have lunch out too as a treat.

PS Hope your foot is sorted out PDQ!!
:sorry::hugs:

nashville 24-05-2012 18:40

WE went to Largs today. It was lovely. What did you get an Wetherspoons Tinky.

denphone 25-05-2012 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432252)
We are going for a wander round Newquay today, it's promising to be a gorgeous day! :)

It was beautiful in Newquay yesterday Tinky and also it was beautiful looking at Truro Cathedral yesterday in the afternoon where we were with our family although later on l had a scare as l fell over in one of those roman gulley that go through the town but luckily although shaken l did not break anything although l have a sprained ankle to show for it.:)

Tinky 25-05-2012 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35432457)
WE went to Largs today. It was lovely. What did you get an Wetherspoons Tinky.

Well Nash I had two glasses of white wine and Mr T had two pints beer £1.50 each with vouchers and I also had a ploughmans and chips.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35432609)
It was beautiful in Newquay yesterday Tinky and also it was beautiful looking at Truro Cathedral yesterday in the afternoon where we were with our family although later on l had a scare as l fell over in one of those roman gulley that go through the town but luckily although shaken l did not break anything although l have a sprained ankle to show for it.:)

The bus journey itself is quite enjoyable as it passes through several villages on the way. It was a glorious day but by the time we reached Newquay there was a sea haar blowing in so we had to go into Wetherspoons to get out of the cold, well that's our excuse anyway.:D I drifted in and out of the shops afterwards.
Yes Den you have to watch where you are walking in Truro some of the walkways can be quite trecherous. But Truro Cathedral is quite impressive especially since the recent clean of the outside. Hope you are enjoying your stay, you've certainly got the weather. :):):)

denphone 25-05-2012 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432618)
Well Nash I had two glasses of white wine and Mr T had two pints beer £1.50 each with vouchers and I also had a ploughmans and chips.:)

The bus journey itself is quite enjoyable as it passes through several villages on the way. It was a glorious day but by the time we reached Newquay there was a sea haar blowing in so we had to go into Wetherspoons to get out of the cold, well that's our excuse anyway.:D I drifted in and out of the shops afterwards.
Yes Den you have to watch where you are walking in Truro some of the walkways can be quite trecherous. But Truro Cathedral is quite impressive especially since the recent clean of the outside. Hope you are enjoying your stay, you've certainly got the weather. :):):)

Yes Tinky we had a wonderful 5 days and visited Lands End, Bodmin, Penzance, Wadebridge and several other places but the trouble is that the time goes very quickly and before you know it its time to go back.

carlwaring 25-05-2012 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432618)
.. I also had a ploughmans and chips.:)

A ploughman's what; and did he agree to it? :p:

/me gets coat and leaves

denphone 25-05-2012 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35432674)
You'll have gone through Sennen on the way to Land's End. That's where my mother lives, only about 100yds from the First and Last Inn.

My happy thought for today is that I've just done a shop a Lidl's and they've got some Saké in. Not my favourite brand (Hakutsuru) but nice to find.

Yes we stopped and took some photos of the pub but alas we never went in there.:)

Tinky 25-05-2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35432647)
A ploughman's what; and did he agree to it? :p:

/me gets coat and leaves

Hey ya wee skallywag lol! :bsmack:

denphone 25-05-2012 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432677)
Hey ya wee skallywag lol! :bsmack:

Have you ever tried a Huntsman or a Farmhouse lunch Tinky.:)

dilli-theclaw 25-05-2012 11:54

Sounds like you had a good time Tinky :) nice.

TheDaddy 25-05-2012 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432691)

Sounds like den had a good time to, falling over aside and a real plus for tink was no flying to get there.

My happy thought is that a freedom of information request I made has arrived finally, the job it was for has long gone but tbh so had my enthusiasm for taking the position, still at least it won't be an issue next time.

Tinky 25-05-2012 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35432681)
Have you ever tried a Huntsman or a Farmhouse lunch Tinky.:)

Don't think so Den what are they? The one I had was brown/wholemeal bloomer cheese slices and salad, now I come to think about it it probably was a bit naff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432691)

Yes Dilli a good time was had by both, and hopefully we will be able to share many more of such days together. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35432772)
Sounds like den had a good time to, falling over aside and a real plus for tink was no flying to get there.

My happy thought is that a freedom of information request I made has arrived finally, the job it was for has long gone but tbh so had my enthusiasm for taking the position, still at least it won't be an issue next time.

Yes, no flying Daddy, but glad to say flying doesn't hold so many horrors as the many years I spent thinking it did, I have somehow learned to cope. Someone once said to me 'there's nothing to fear but fear itself' how true that is. Being able to fly to any destination has literally opened up a whole new world for us. As I speak I am already planning a (foreign) holiday for February 2013 back to our favourite Tenerife (4hour flight).

BTW Daddy the job wasn't for you, what's for you won't go past you.

denphone 25-05-2012 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432872)
Don't think so Den what are they? The one I had was brown/wholemeal bloomer cheese slices and salad, now I come to think about it it probably was a bit naff!

Yes Dilli a good time was had by both, and hopefully we will be able to share many more of such days together. :)

Yes, no flying Daddy, but glad to say flying doesn't hold so many horrors as the many years I spent thinking it did, I have somehow learned to cope. Someone once said to me 'there's nothing to fear but fear itself' how true that is. Being able to fly to any destination has literally opened up a whole new world for us. As I speak I am already planning a (foreign) holiday for February 2013 back to our favourite Tenerife (4hour flight).

BTW Daddy the job wasn't for you, what's for you won't go past you.

A Huntsman's lunch is a combination of different cold meats plus pickled onions, chutney and piccalilli, salad and crusty bread and apple and a Farmhouse lunch everything in it but don't take it at face value as different places do it all differently.

Tinky 25-05-2012 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35432882)
A Huntsman's lunch is a combination of different cold meats plus pickled onions, chutney and piccalilli, salad and crusty bread and apple and a Farmhouse lunch everything in it but don't take it at face value as different places do it all differently.

Sounds yummy Den but I don't think I would have got all that at W/spoons for £3.99 with chips lol! :D PS Spect you are back home now, any decent photos?

denphone 25-05-2012 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35432885)
Sounds yummy Den but I don't think I would have got all that at W/spoons for £3.99 with chips lol! :D PS Spect you are back home now, any decent photos?

No its a bit dearer then that at about £6 or £7 depending on where you get it as its generally more expensive in smaller family run places then a big chain.

dilli-theclaw 25-05-2012 23:04

This time tomorrow night Natalie will be on her way home :)

jempalmer 26-05-2012 06:29

Happy to hear that dilli :D

Tinky 26-05-2012 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432960)

So happy for you Dilli. Got anything special planned?:)

joglynne 26-05-2012 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35432960)

Good news. I hope you have managed to clear up the hall before Natalie sees it. :D

dilli-theclaw 26-05-2012 09:40

The hall is ok :) - and I now have another cast on ;)

Dunno about anything special but I will try to do something.

joglynne 26-05-2012 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35433045)
The hall is ok :) - and I now have another cast on ;)

Dunno about anything special but I will try to do something.

Dilli, PLEASE, don't do anything!!!!!!!! I already have a stitch in my side with laughing. Natalie will be so happy to be back with you. I am certain she will just want to see you in one piece, Oh and maybe a nice cuddle . :D

Halcyon 26-05-2012 15:42

:Sun:

LondonRoad 26-05-2012 17:19

Had to work for a few hours today with the Sun beating down. Took my laptop outside for a while but the connection kept dropping out so I had to abandon that and go back inside.:(

Why is this in the happy thought thread?... because I'm finished now, the kids are at a birthday party, accompanied by my good lady, so I have uninterrupted sunrays for the next hour..... and something cold from the fridge is dragging me out to the garden:D

Tinky 26-05-2012 18:28

We have been told recent scan shows next great grandchild is a girl due October. :hyper:

denphone 26-05-2012 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35433267)
We have been told recent scan shows next great grandchild is a girl due October. :hyper:

Thats wonderful news Tinky.:):tu:

dilli-theclaw 26-05-2012 18:42

Quote:

Brilliant :)

joglynne 26-05-2012 18:45

Quote:

Oh how lovely Tinky. What a smashing event to look forward to. :)

Tinky 26-05-2012 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35433272)
Thats wonderful news Tinky.:):tu:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35433283)
Brilliant :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35433284)
Oh how lovely Tinky. What a smashing event to look forward to. :)

Thank you everyone, I've already got the knitting on the go lol!

TheDaddy 26-05-2012 20:40

Quote:

great news tink.

jempalmer 26-05-2012 23:34

That's wonderful news Tinky, keep us all informed please :D

Hugh 27-05-2012 14:35

Sat in the back garden in the brilliant sunshine with a cold beer, writing/typing the first draft of my 'Father of the Bride' speech for my daughter's wedding in thirteen days.

BBQ later - life is good.

LondonRoad 27-05-2012 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35433518)
Sat in the back garden in the brilliant sunshine with a cold beer, writing/typing the first draft of my 'Father of the Bride' speech for my daughter's wedding in thirteen days.

BBQ later - life is good.

I'm not sure how to break this to you but as opening lines of FotB speeches goes..... well you've got a bit of ground to make up;)

Hugh 28-05-2012 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35433719)
I'm not sure how to break this to you but as opening lines of FotB speeches goes..... well you've got a bit of ground to make up;)

Well, it's an improvement on my original opening line - "Sod off, you bunch of free-loaders - do you have any idea how much this is costing me?"...... ;)

Tinky 28-05-2012 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35433750)
Well, it's an improvement on my original opening line - "Sod off, you bunch of free-loaders - do you have any idea how much this is costing me?"...... ;)

Lol Hugh I prefer your version! Hope the good weather holds too! On their wedding day wishing your daughter and her intended every happiness for the future. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/05/6.gif

Maggy 28-05-2012 14:58

:hyper::hyper::woot::woot::cleader::cleader:

My son's new PC that he assembled himself works and so I get my PC back.

jempalmer 28-05-2012 15:02

Woohoo Maggy! :D

denphone 28-05-2012 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35433867)
:hyper::hyper::woot::woot::cleader::cleader:

My son's new PC that he assembled himself works and so I get my PC back.

Thats great news.:tu:

Maggy 28-05-2012 15:34

Now hopefully he kept his porn stash on his external HD.As it is I've a lot of other crap to remove.:erm:

jempalmer 28-05-2012 15:38

Important safety tip: Don't lend your PC to anyone! I don't even like people using mine as more often than not they manage to do something daft, which is infuriating :D

denphone 28-05-2012 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35433883)
Important safety tip: Don't lend your PC to anyone! I don't even like people using mine as more often than not they manage to do something daft, which is infuriating :D

l agree as l have the laptop and my partner has her PC and that way our paths shall not cross.:)

jempalmer 28-05-2012 15:42

Heh heh :D

Maggy 28-05-2012 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by jempalmer (Post 35433883)

Actually his knowledge exceeds mine so he knows how not to do anything stupid.;)

nashville 28-05-2012 17:05

That is great news, Something to look forward too,

jempalmer 29-05-2012 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35434150)
Reminds me of the time I used to work for others. I was fedup with people using my PC so I installed a weird Celtic font on startup (Back in the DOS days you could customise the normal screen text) that was the only one available to the user as I'd locked it and you couldn't get back to the standard one. Took me a bit of time to get used to it but no-one used my machine after that.

Brilliant! :D

dilli-theclaw 29-05-2012 18:12

A nice busy weekend coming up :) - Saturday at the church fete, Sunday at a special Church service followed by a street party lunch then a barn dance in the evening.

I'm going to take my wheelchair and do a barn wiggle :)

denphone 29-05-2012 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35434338)
A nice busy weekend coming up :) - Saturday at the church fete, Sunday at a special Church service followed by a street party lunch then a barn dance in the evening.

l hope yourself and your wife have a wonderful time this weekend dilli.:)

nashville 29-05-2012 18:22

That sounds very good. Hope you both enjoy it all.

jempalmer 29-05-2012 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35434338)

Have a great one dilli, we have our younger daughter coming for the weekend. Going to have a sort out of the loft. Really not looking forward to that! I assume that Natalie is going to be with you? :D

joglynne 29-05-2012 20:52

I hope you both have a great weekend dilli. Just don't go injuring your toes doing wheelies. :)

We couldn't close our road so we are having a Drive Party and the neighbours are all baking up a storm as I type this post. We even have tarpaulins at the ready to string up between the houses in case the weather isn't too good. Now if we can just work out how to keep them from the end house being wet blankets we are all set for a great day and a very tipsy night. :D

dilli-theclaw 29-05-2012 21:06

Thank you all, yup Natalie is back from SA and will be there ;)

jempalmer 29-05-2012 21:53

Good to hear that dilli :D

iFrankie 31-05-2012 23:54

Cannot wait see the Olympic torch tomorrow going past!, ill post some pics :).

Hugh 01-06-2012 22:06

The weekend begins here - until the 25th June....:D

Just been for a nice meal at Brasserie 44 with my wife to celebrate the beginning of three weeks off - Chateaubriand with a nice bottle of Shiraz.

Gary L 01-06-2012 23:33

You can add up all the days you've worked and earned some money at the end of the year.
it'll probably be less than the days you've had off ;)

I mean look at Derek. there's him slugging it out everyday with lifes social misfits dying for a break so he can go to B&Q and get some magnolia paint for the hallway. and there's you telling him you've got another 3 weeks off :D

Cobbydaler 01-06-2012 23:39

Been at risk of redundancy for the last couple of months. Found out yesterday that I'm safe for the time being. Sad for colleagues who have to argue their scores to avoid it though...

TheDaddy 02-06-2012 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbydaler (Post 35435883)
Been at risk of redundancy for the last couple of months. Found out yesterday that I'm safe for the time being. Sad for colleagues who have to argue their scores to avoid it though...

Good news for you though Kevin...

joglynne 02-06-2012 08:27

Quote:

Glad to hear your news Cobby. Not fun having the threat of redundancy hanging over your head.

dilli-theclaw 02-06-2012 22:46

Quote:

Good stuff :tu:

Me - I had a good time at the church fete, including a ride on a traction engine. But felt ever so slightly disappointed that I didn't bring a teddy bear so I could parachute him from the church tower :)

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

One of my friends at my blind group just got a black Labrador guide dog - Nice :)

Mr_love_monkey 03-06-2012 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35436178)
Good stuff :tu:

Me - I had a good time at the church fete, including a ride on a traction engine. But felt ever so slightly disappointed that I didn't bring a teddy bear so I could parachute him from the church tower :)

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

One of my friends at my blind group just got a black Labrador guide dog - Nice :)

Did he get parachuted from the church tower?

dilli-theclaw 03-06-2012 17:31

At least I made one (drooling) friend at church today , not so sure my coat will recover though ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=Uae20y5YR20

Hom3r 03-06-2012 17:32

A two day bank holiday, meaning I have 3 days to recover from the party on saturday, and in my drunken state deciding to walk home nearly 3 miles in the rain.

This morning my foot hurt like hell.

Gary L 03-06-2012 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35436539)

Well don't kick the bins then.

Peter_ 04-06-2012 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35436539)
A two day bank holiday, meaning I have 3 days to recover from the party on saturday, and in my drunken state deciding to walk home nearly 3 miles in the rain.

I see someone uploaded the video of your walk home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a7l7IHXZwk

Gary L 04-06-2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35436673)
I see someone uploaded the video of your walk home.

LOL I was expecting him to come running back down and have to do it all over again.

Mr_love_monkey 04-06-2012 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35436740)
Finally managed to get some time to finish the build of my remaining Gundam kit: Wing Zero Custom. (1/100th scale, Master grade) from The Endless Waltz animé

Finished the body yesterday, now the wings: loads of fiddly little "feathers" then it's onto the transfers/decals and the final paint detailing using the special marker pens. :)

Should eventually look something like this:

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/06/62.jpg

Though this one's not fully finished.

That's one hell of a wang it's got...

danielf 04-06-2012 14:15

At schiphol right now. Ran into the dutch squad leaving for euro2012 behind passport control. Snapped a pic of the wife with sneijder and van der vaart :)

Edit: no,mlm, not in that way...

nashville 04-06-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35436819)
That's one hell of a wang it's got...

Looks great. A lot of work it this ;)

Stuart 04-06-2012 18:45

Geeky this, but one download on my 50 meg connection is averaging 50 meg while I am streaming from 4od.

Angua 05-06-2012 09:40

I am one of the finalists in The Hovis Great British Sandwich Competition The Goblin :D

denphone 05-06-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 35437109)
I am one of the finalists in The Hovis Great British Sandwich Competition The Goblin :D

Good luck and l hope you do well.:)

joglynne 05-06-2012 09:55

Quote:

Considering that my region's entry is a Spinach, goat cheese and strawberry butty I have had no problem whatsoever giving you my vote. Good Luck Angua. :tu:

dilli-theclaw 05-06-2012 10:01

That is excellent.

My faverouite sandwhich makes people avoid me when I eat it!

denphone 05-06-2012 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35437121)
Good luck!

That's the cheese, Marmite and pickled onion one? :D

Don't mind the cheese and pickled part of it but Marmite:nono::).

dilli-theclaw 05-06-2012 10:14

You lot have a good memory :tu: that's it but I use red onion and danish blue :)

LondonRoad 05-06-2012 10:31

Quote:

Voted. Good luck.:)

..... although I've decided to have cheese, marmite and pickle for lunch after reading Dilli's post :D

budwieser 05-06-2012 11:20

The mind boggles! `Green Goblin Sausage`..:shocked::D

LondonRoad 05-06-2012 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by budwieser (Post 35437162)

The Goblins are free range and killed humanely;)

Toy town is now a far safer place :D

Mr_love_monkey 05-06-2012 12:49

I voted. Anything with sausages gets my vote

Angua 05-06-2012 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by budwieser (Post 35437162)

Fabulous sausages made with Green Goblin cider from the Wychwood brewery https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/06/22.gif

TheDaddy 05-06-2012 15:14

Quote:

Voted, good luck