Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   General : WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613781)

Media Boy UK 03-06-2009 01:37

Re: WWE

On Friday (May 29th) World Wrestling Entertainment release their WWE Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy

Info from WWE.com

wwe 03-06-2009 03:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34806767)
On Friday (May 29th) World Wrestling Entertainment release their WWE Raw Superstar Mr. Kennedy

Info from WWE.com

do u know why

Media Boy UK 10-06-2009 16:16

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Umaga.

From WWE.com.

Media Boy UK 11-06-2009 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34811629)
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Umaga.

From WWE.com.

WWE has posted on WWE.com that Umaga release was for an 2nd violation of WWE Wellness Program.

Media Boy UK 17-06-2009 15:54

WWE Unforgiven has been rebrand by the WWE to WWE Breaking Point, and will happen on Sunday September 13, live from Montreal, Quebec live in the UK and Ireland on Sky Sports.

Info from WWE.com.

wwe 18-06-2009 02:34

why are they renameing the names 4

Media Boy UK 22-06-2009 20:55

WWE has released two of their ''Superstars'' over the weekend:

WWE Raw Superstar Sim Snuka has been let go as well as WWE Smackdown Diva Candice Michelle.

wwe 23-06-2009 04:20

why

Media Boy UK 30-06-2009 09:27

WWE Summer trade 2009:

The following WWE Employees has been moved to new brands.

Join WWE Raw

Male wrestlers
Evan Bourne - From ECW
Jack Swagger - From ECW
Mark Henry - From ECW

Female wrestlers
Alicia Fox - From Smackdown
Gail Kim - From Smackdown
Jillian Hall - From Smackdown

Other on-air talent
Tony Atlas - From ECW

Join WWE Smackdown

Male wrestlers
David Hart Smith - From ECW
Finlay - From ECW
Matt Hardy - From Raw

Tyson Kidd - From ECW

Female wrestlers
Natalya - From ECW

Join ECW

Male wrestlers
Goldust - From Raw
Shelton Benjamin - From Smackdown
William Regal - From Raw

Female wrestlers
Brie Bella - From Raw
Nikki Bella - From Raw

Media Boy UK 01-07-2009 15:07

Big news from ECW - Still to air on Sky Sports.

Spoiler: 

Four new WWE Employees has join WWE TV as part of the ECW brand.

Joining ECW TV

Male wrestlers
Yoshi Tatsu
Sheamus
Abraham Washington
Tyler Reks

Info from WWE.com

wwe 01-07-2009 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34825485)
Big news from ECW - Still to air on Sky Sports.

Spoiler: 

Four new WWE Employees has join WWE TV as part of the ECW brand.

Joining ECW TV

Male wrestlers
Yoshi Tatsu
Sheamus
Abraham Washington
Tyler Reks

Info from WWE.com

never heard of them

Russ 01-07-2009 18:09

I reffed the match Sheamus had with our promotion, we knew back then he was going place.

KillswitchEdge 01-07-2009 19:19

Sheamus O'Shaunessy is immense, he's gonna be big. Image-wise, I'm not so sure, the super-ginger/ultra pale thing may just end up with him being labelled a "freak" like Snitsky was, but skill-wise he's awesome.

KillswitchEdge 05-07-2009 16:17

Edge Suffers Serious Injury At SmackDown/ECW House Show Friday Night

Edge Suffers Serious Injury At SmackDown/ECW House Show Friday Night

Edge suffered what is believed to be a torn Achilles tendon during his match with Jeff Hardy at last night's SmackDown/ECW live event in San Diego. The injury occurred five minutes into the match and had to be stopped. Edge apologized to the fans by saying "sorry" on the mic before being taken out.

The match started with much posturing as Edge was going around the ring taunting fans so they were only a minute into the actual action when the injury took place. It appeared he planted his foot wrong and went down with his leg at a bad angle when he attempted to leapfrog Hardy's charge.

The match was immediately called off and EMTs came assist him before he was taken from the ring.

This is a very serious injury that would likely require surgery and a long period of down time, perhaps up to a year.

The rest of the SmackDown/ECW crew left this morning for a flight to Honolulu, Hawaii.

Source: Rajah.com
http://rajah.com/base/node/16540

Media Boy UK 13-07-2009 22:25

WWE rename WWE No Mercy.

It has been announced on WWE.com that this years ''WWE No Mercy'' has been replace by ''WWE Hell in a Cell''.

KillswitchEdge 23-07-2009 04:23

Next two guest hosts of WWE Monday Night Raw are revealed!

Spoiler below, if you want it to be a surprise please stop reading here:

Spoiler: 

http://newsblaze.com/story/200907221.../topstory.html

Shaq and Jeremy Piven Tapped as Next Hosts of WWE's Monday Night Raw®

STAMFORD, Conn. - (BUSINESS WIRE) - WWE's Monday Night Raw on USA Network continues its weekly celebrity guest host series with NBA All-Star Shaquille O'Neal and Emmy Award-winning actor and Entourage star, Jeremy Piven.

Shaq will host Raw live from the Verizon Center in the nation's capital on Monday, July 27th and Piven, August 3rd from Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.

Each week celebrities from the world of sports, television, music and film take control of the most-watched regularly scheduled program on cable television by arranging matches, dictating stipulations and managing the entire RAW roster of WWE Superstars and Divas for the evening.

Actor/writer/producer Seth Green and Rock N Roll Hall of Famers ZZ Top were the first two guest hosts of Monday Night Raw, which airs live episodes each week at 9:00 PM ET on USA Network.

In addition to his role as Ari Gold in Entourage, Piven will be starring in the upcoming comedy film, The Goods: Live Hard. Sell Hard debuting in theaters August 14th.

And my thoughts:

Spoiler: 
THE PIV, BABY! YEAH! I seriously hope he lays down some Ari Gold-style verbal beatdowns on someone, that would be awesome! Imagine The Piv vs Jericho in a verbal sparring contest, it'd be anarchy!

Media Boy UK 31-08-2009 15:53

Rey Mysterio suspended for 30 days

In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company’s policy.

Info from WWE.com.

Media Boy UK 02-09-2009 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34864461)
Rey Mysterio suspended for 30 days

In accordance with WWE's Wellness Program, effective Wednesday, September 2, Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) is suspended for 30 days for a violation of the company’s policy.

Info from WWE.com.

Rey Mysterio update:

Smackdown Spoiler.

Spoiler: 
John Morrison wins WWE Intercontinental Champion

bopdude 02-09-2009 16:03

1 Attachment(s)
Remember when it was WWF :D

wwe 02-09-2009 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude (Post 34865704)
Remember when it was WWF :D

yep sure do

Russ 07-10-2009 20:10

WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper's cancer is believed to have returned only this time it could be terminal:

http://www.prowrestlingscoops.com/article/256940702.php

Jules 08-10-2009 19:48

No not Roddy!!! I love him :(

Media Boy UK 12-10-2009 17:28

WWE rebrand more Pay-per-view.

October 25th: (Live on Sky Sports)
Was: Cyber Sunday
Now: Bragging Rights

November 22nd: (Live on Sky Box Office
Survivor Series 2009

December 13th: (Sky Box Office)
Was: Armageddon
Now: TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs

January 31st: (Sky Box Office)
Royal Rumble

February 21st: (Sky Sports)
Was: No Way Out
Now: Elimination Chamber

March 28th: (Sky Box Office)
WrestleMania XXVI

Info from WWE.com.

wwe 12-10-2009 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34888908)
WWE rebrand more Pay-per-view.

October 25th: (Live on Sky Sports)
Was: Cyber Sunday
Now: Bragging Rights

November 22nd: (Live on Sky Box Office
Survivor Series 2009

December 13th: (Sky Box Office)
Was: Armageddon
Now: TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs

January 31st: (Sky Box Office)
Royal Rumble

February 21st: (Sky Sports)
Was: No Way Out
Now: Elimination Chamber

March 28th: (Sky Box Office)
WrestleMania XXVI

Info from WWE.com.

why are they doing that for

Media Boy UK 12-10-2009 22:11

Maybe they think more people will buy the non big four PPV if they rebrand them.

Media Boy UK 13-10-2009 19:57

WWE Divas on the move.

WWE has move some of their Divas about on Raw, Smackdown, ECW.

Names in bold has been moved.

WWE Raw
Ring name
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella - From ECW.
Eve - From Smackdown.
Gail Kim
Jillian
Kelly Kelly
Maryse - Inactive; Out due to knee injury.
Melina - WWE Divas Champion - Joins from Smackdown.
Nikki Bella - From ECW.

WWE Smackdown
Ring name
Beth Phoenix - From Raw
Layla
Maria
Michelle McCool - WWE Women's Champion
Mickie James - From Raw.
Mickie James [66]
Natalya

ECW
Ring name
Rosa Mendes - from Raw.
Katie Lea Burchill

Info from WWE.com & Wikipedia.

Media Boy UK 14-10-2009 18:10

World Wrestling Entertainment was saddened to learn of the passing of one of the company’s most popular and charismatic legends, “Captain Lou Albano.”

News from WWE.com

wwe 19-10-2009 02:52

Shane quits WWE
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...n-resigns.html

wwe 21-10-2009 16:20

hi all i got the new sd vs raw game and its not even out till friday how cool that the game is so good

Damien 21-10-2009 20:48

I ordered it, was hoping it would arrive today but no such luck.

wwe 21-10-2009 20:56

say if you pre orded it how come i got it 2 days befor it comes out i thought i would get it on friday

Damien 21-10-2009 20:58

Where did you order it from?

SB_07 21-10-2009 21:14

Most places online get games to people 1 - 2 days before release these days.

Media Boy UK 21-10-2009 21:20

J.R. suffers third Bell's palsy attack

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jimrossbellspalsyattack

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Booker T coming back to WWE?

on Booker T Wikipedia page it says the following:

Quote:

Booker (T) announced the next day (On Monday) that he was through with TNA Wrestling due to backstage problems. There have been many recent reports that Booker (T) may be heading to WWE.

Shadow Demon UK 21-10-2009 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34894943)
say if you pre orded it how come i got it 2 days befor it comes out i thought i would get it on friday

Some online shops sent games out early to avoid them being caught up in the postal strike on Thursday and Friday.

Damien 23-10-2009 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34894739)
hi all i got the new sd vs raw game and its not even out till friday how cool that the game is so good

Currently £25 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/WWE-Smackdow...6311414&sr=8-2

wwe 28-10-2009 12:08

Hulk Hogan gone to tna
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ck-switch.html

Media Boy UK 28-10-2009 14:20

All TNA need to do now is to rebrand to ''WWE Has beens'' or ''New WCW'' and that them.

Russ 28-10-2009 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34899417)
All TNA need to do now is to rebrand to ''WWE Has beens'' or ''New WCW'' and that them.

lol I thought that as well when I found out they've also signed Eric Bischoff. Rumour is they're also planning a monday night show to go up against Raw.

By the way, any ideas which other big name is in partnership with Hogan and Bischoff right now? Wooooooooo....

Now he would be a massive signing for TNA.

Ignitionnet 28-10-2009 15:33

Hrmmm I have my doubts about Ric Flair making the jump, his youngest son, Reid, has a development deal with WWE and him going over to the 'competition' may prejudice that.

Doesn't mean it's impossible of course but a consideration in Flair's thoughts perhaps.

Hogan jumping over doesn't surprise in the slightest. I hope it's not to compete, with how slow Hogan was last time I saw him just reeling off a couple of spots would take an hour now. Be seriously hard work for anyone having a match with him trying to put him over too.

Russ 28-10-2009 15:46

He's never been a good worker, I'd be surprised if he could get his leg high enough for a legdrop now. But there's no denying his name still has huge drawing power.

I just wonder how TNA will cope with both him and Russo onboard.

TheDaddy 28-10-2009 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34899417)

As opposed to the HHH show? I prefered WCW to WWF and now I prefer TNA to WWE

Russ 28-10-2009 21:27

TNA's booking is a joke and always will be with Russo as a writer. I watch it on Bravo for a few weeks and it seemed there were more interviews and backstage skits than actual wrestling. I can never get my head around the 6 sided ring and it's true a lot of their top workers had their best days in WWE.

Vince's show isn't perfect but at least the storylines tend to make more sense. The booking is almost always spot-on and character development is actually used. I hear what you say about the HHH show (when Vince goes it'll be him and Stephanie running the whole thing) but he has a good wrestling mind, he knows the business well.

Although it's being said the only reason Sheamus got drafted to Raw was because he's Hunter's gym buddy out on the road...

TheDaddy 28-10-2009 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34899645)
TNA's booking is a joke and always will be with Russo as a writer. I watch it on Bravo for a few weeks and it seemed there were more interviews and backstage skits than actual wrestling. I can never get my head around the 6 sided ring and it's true a lot of their top workers had their best days in WWE.

Vince's show isn't perfect but at least the storylines tend to make more sense. The booking is almost always spot-on and character development is actually used. I hear what you say about the HHH show (when Vince goes it'll be him and Stephanie running the whole thing) but he has a good wrestling mind, he knows the business well.

Although it's being said the only reason Sheamus got drafted to Raw was because he's Hunter's gym buddy out on the road...

There are far to many mass factions brawling away at the moment which is Russo's style, I think he and Bischoff spin between genius and madness, they were killing the WWF in the monday night wars, I think the WWF had one ratings night success in three years! Then they went and spoilt it all with the finger poke of doom! I don't think there are that many has beens on the show either, only Scott Steiner and Nash, Stings still got it and Booker who is well past it has quit to go back to the WWE.

Russ 28-10-2009 21:49

Forgetting Kurt Angle? Mick Foley?

I can't see how Russo will be able to work while Bischoff and Hogan are pulling strings. Dixie Carter obviously fancies making TNA the new WCW but she doesn't realise they only won the monday night ratings for so long is because as a company the continued to deficit-spend year after year. TNA just doesn't have that sort of cash.

Get a major broadcasting giant behind them, put them in the middle of a large Disney studio, get a show on monday night and hire some ex-WWE staff and it might work.

And it looks like they're on their way to acheiving all that.

TheDaddy 28-10-2009 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34899661)
Forgetting Kurt Angle? Mick Foley?

I can't see how Russo will be able to work while Bischoff and Hogan are pulling strings. Dixie Carter obviously fancies making TNA the new WCW but she doesn't realise they only won the monday night ratings for so long is because as a company the continued to deficit-spend year after year. TNA just doesn't have that sort of cash.

Get a major broadcasting giant behind them, put them in the middle of a large Disney studio, get a show on monday night and hire some ex-WWE staff and it might work.

And it looks like they're on their way to acheiving all that.

Oh yeah Foley, I did forget about him and the Dudleys but Angle is hardly past it, Russo and Bisch will be fine, dunno what they are going to do with Hogan though, as for the rest of your post, I pretty much agree with it and can see it happening.

wwe 02-11-2009 14:14

hi all where Brian Kendrick is he out injured?

Russ 02-11-2009 14:18

He was released weeks ago.

Media Boy UK 02-11-2009 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34902027)
He was released weeks ago.

Thanks God I did not like that old HBK (The 1990's one) look the WWE give him when he went to Smackdown last year.

wwe 03-11-2009 16:34

next week guest host is ricky hatton in sheffield and im going 2 be there any 1 else on here going

Media Boy UK 04-11-2009 14:58

On ECW this week you will see an new WWE Superstar using the ring name of ''Vance Archer''*.

*TNA fans will also know him as Lance Hoyt.

wwe 04-11-2009 19:03

hi im thinking of looking at getting Wrestlemania ticket when they go on sale this sat but how do i find out how much they are in uk money have wwe got a specil page for uk fans wanting a ticket

adzii_nufc 06-11-2009 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34903701)
hi im thinking of looking at getting Wrestlemania ticket when they go on sale this sat but how do i find out how much they are in uk money have wwe got a specil page for uk fans wanting a ticket

Wrestlemania 26 Travel Pack

Each person in this group (maximum four people per group) will receive a ticket to WrestleMania XXVI (seating within floor level risers or rows beyond first 10 ringside rows), a ticket to Morning Madness (Saturday morning autograph session), a ticket to WWE Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony (Saturday late-afternoon event), a ticket to WrestleMania Axxess (Saturday evening session), plus a WrestleMania Travel Package gift. Each person in this group will share one standard room (maximum two-beds per room) with three-night room accommodations at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort with check-in at 4:00pm on Friday, March 26, 2010, and check-out at 12:00pm on Monday, March 29, 2010.

* One Person - $1,247 ( £600-700)
* Two People - $860 per person (£400-500) (All Depending On Exchange Rate at Present)
* Three People – $745 per person (£350-400)
* Four People - $677 per person (£300-350)

WrestleMania Axxess:
- Saturday, March 27th
- Phoenix Convention Center

Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony:
- Saturday, March 27th
- Dodge Theatre

WrestleMania 26:
- Sunday, March 28th
- University of Phoenix

Please note that no meals, airline or other travel to/from Phoenix or ground transportation in Arizona are included in the WrestleMania Travel Packages

Russ 07-11-2009 11:37

Shocking new book reveals wrestling fans are fake

adzii_nufc 07-11-2009 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34905594)

You Do Realize That TheOnion (Youtube News Show) Is a A Parody right :P

For People that dont know Yeah Its a ****take lol Comedy News Show that Hits out at Other Things such as celebrities

Now That Video has Hit Massive Views for the WWE fans They Now have to explain That the Video was Made For Comedy Reasons Or face real trouble by the WWE legal team

Russ 07-11-2009 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 34905626)
You Do Realize That TheOnion (Youtube News Show) Is a A Parody right :P

:eeek: Really??????

</sarcasm>

:angel:

adzii_nufc 07-11-2009 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34905628)
:eeek: Really??????

</sarcasm>

:angel:

well then shame on you for trying to trick poor fans :P

Lol they even Mucked up trying to make that video

WWF Judgement day 2001 lol.... Guys Holding up an RKO poster.. Fail on them

And sorry For ruining the joke lol its just i sensed a Flame war Coming lol

Also Funny to Note the comments from WWE fans nearly 2 years after the video was made

There Still Angry they havent been paid lmao

Media Boy UK 10-11-2009 11:43

WWE has pick an new song to opening up WWE Raw every week from Next Week Raw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20VxcG2jw9o

Info from WWE.com.

Russ 12-11-2009 16:02

Legendary Welsh wrestling promoter Orig Williams has died aged 77. Outside the business not many people will have heard of him but he was the longest running UK promoter and has had a hand in training some stars who've gone on to TNA and WWE. RIP.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8357344.stm

wwe 12-11-2009 17:08

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/12159100/12505222

Jamie Noble retires

Jules 13-11-2009 13:15

If you ever get chance to go see it live jump at the chance, we went last weekend and the atmosphere was electric, the roof nearly went off when Shaun Michaels and Triple H appeared and also when John Cena came out.

Media Boy UK 17-11-2009 23:23

It look like Sky has sign an new deal with WWE.

I have been on Sky Sports.com WWE page tonight and I has an look in ''Live on Sky'' and they has WWE Raw listed as being LIVE on Sky Sports 3 until January 25th 2010.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,14206,00.html

But as far as I know WWE deal is up on December 31st with Sky.

NoKnowledge 18-11-2009 21:32

This was bought to my attention.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...own-Under.html

The photograph caption says A bloodied Hulk Hogan is led away by a minder.

DailyMail writing about wrestling - the minder is none other than Hulks friend Brian Knobs.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

AddOn

Just watched the embedded video, Rick Flair classic, taking his belt off and striking Hogan. Reminds me of the good old days of my dad doing the same. How I miss it...not really [lol].

Russ 18-11-2009 22:05

I can't believe anyone was taking this story seriously, of course it was a work. 2 rivals fighting at a press conference? It's been done to death. My only concern is people will expect Hogan to get back in the ring - he hasn't been able to wrestle in about 10 years.

wwe 18-11-2009 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 34909067)
If you ever get chance to go see it live jump at the chance, we went last weekend and the atmosphere was electric, the roof nearly went off when Shaun Michaels and Triple H appeared and also when John Cena came out.

i went last week it was great i didn't want 2 leave the atmosphere is so great and the fans when they shout stuff is funny like when they say who are u who are u and lots of orther top stuff i got on camra nealy all the time i was on the 3rd row faceing the camra have to wait now for april to go again

Jules 19-11-2009 12:42

Yeah we have tickets for April really looking forward to it :)

Media Boy UK 19-11-2009 20:04

Upcoming WWE Raw guest hosts

Nov. 23, 2009:
Jesse Ventura - WWE Hall of Famer

Nov. 30, 2009:
Verne Troyer - Best known for playing Mini-Me in the Austin Powers comedy series.

Dec. 7, 2009:
Mark Cuban - Dallas Mavericks owner.

Dec. 14, 2009:
Dennis Miller - US Comedian and US radio talk show host.

Info from WWE.com

Media Boy UK 23-11-2009 11:34

WWE's new deal with Sky Sports in Great Britain seems to be finalized,

WWE programs are now being listed in the January schedule (on Sky Sports.com).

WWE Superstars will start airing on Sky Sports Saturday December 11th at 5pm on Sky Sports 3.

Another new addition is This Week In WWE which will air on Sky starting January 3rd at 7.30am on Sky Sports 3.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/wi/...er/index.shtml

Media Boy UK 23-11-2009 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 34914280)
WWE's new deal with Sky Sports in Great Britain seems to be finalized,

WWE programs are now being listed in the January schedule (on Sky Sports.com).

WWE Superstars will start airing on Sky Sports Saturday December 11th at 5pm on Sky Sports 3.

Another new addition is This Week In WWE which will air on Sky starting January 3rd at 7.30am on Sky Sports 3.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/wi/...er/index.shtml

As of today (November 23rd) WWE Superstars will be shown as followed on Sky1 and Sky Sports:

It will be on Sky1 starting on December 11th on Fridays at 5pm and Sundays at 11am.

Sky Sports viewers will get an late night showing of WWE Superstars on Saturday nights.

From January Sky Sports will also broadcast an new show called ''This week in WWE'' every Sunday.

Media Boy UK 02-12-2009 12:48

WWE call up an FCW Tag Team to ECW:

Caylen Croft & Trent Barreta will both appear on ECW this Thursday night on Sky Sports.

SB_07 04-12-2009 23:51

Quote:

Ex-WWE star Umaga dead at 36
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...headliner.html

Jules 05-12-2009 00:34

R.I.P

Russ 16-12-2009 22:31

Breaking news: Bret Hart has signed a short-term deal to return to WWE.

SB_07 16-12-2009 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34928691)
Breaking news: Bret Hart has signed a short-term deal to return to WWE.

Wow, i might even start watching again!

NoKnowledge 16-12-2009 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB_07 (Post 34928709)
Wow, i might even start watching again!

good idea, but what I really want to see is when his short term contract is up. Will he get screwed again somehow.

Russ 16-12-2009 22:54

He won't be wrestling though, Goldberg took care of that. More likely he'll guest-host Raw.

NoKnowledge 16-12-2009 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34928713)
He won't be wrestling though, Goldberg took care of that. More likely he'll guest-host Raw.

Remind us again was that the kick to the head or something.

Shame about not wrestling was looking forward to watching the best there is, was and ever will be.

Russ 16-12-2009 23:13

Yeah Goldberg stamp-kicked him in the head, giving him concussion that all but ended his career. Then a few years later he had a stroke from injuries in a motorbike accident. He's a lot smaller now, my mate saw him at a book signing last yeah, he's around 14 stone now.

NoKnowledge 16-12-2009 23:22

Bret and Angle are the only ones that I can think of right now that make me go wow. Top wrestlers.

Jules 17-12-2009 13:38

Great news to hear Brett is coming back, commentator, host, ref what ever it will just be great to see him back!

Media Boy UK 04-01-2010 12:10

Ex-WWE Superstar ''Dr. Death'' dies.

WWE.com has learned that “Dr. Death,” Steve Williams, passed away at the age of 49 after battling throat cancer for many years.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/13139172

Jules 04-01-2010 12:56

Sad loss R.I.P

gazzae 04-01-2010 15:36

Rather unfortunate name

Jules 05-01-2010 13:29

Great show last night, glad to see Shawn and Brett put the past behind them but don't even get me started on Vince!

Russ 05-01-2010 13:39

Agreed, the opening 15 minutes was the best part of Raw I've seen in years. What Bret and Shawn said to each other was clearly a shoot (real) but then ended it the right way. Kind of hoped the final part of the show would have happened the other way around (also great to see Stu Hart will be inducted in the Hall of Fame) but I guess this could mean some sort of Bret v Vince for Wrestlemania.

NoKnowledge 06-01-2010 21:51

Hulk Hogan back in nWo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9pd61HxOY

Got to say a better reception than the excellence of execution

Media Boy UK 02-02-2010 12:15

WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco passes away at 68

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jackbriscopasses

Media Boy UK 03-02-2010 15:22

WWE TO AXE ECW AT END OF THIS MONTH.

WWE are to axe ECW at the end of this month.

But ECW will be replaced by “WWE NXT” on Sky Sports from March 4th.

wwe 06-02-2010 14:56

when the new wwe cd out over here

wwe 09-02-2010 04:32

when JR comeing bk? Anybody heard anything

Jules 09-02-2010 12:38

Who?

Media Boy UK 09-02-2010 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 34960875)
Who?

JR AKA Good old JR AKA Jim Ross.

Ignitionnet 09-02-2010 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34960721)
when JR comeing bk? Anybody heard anything

Subscribe to JR's blog and have a read of that and his Q+As here.

Media Boy UK 16-02-2010 09:13

New Monday Night Wars to start next month.

WWE are set to go head to head with WWE Gold (Sorry I mean TNA) every Monday night in the US from the 8th of March.

Info from TNA Web site.

wwe 20-02-2010 15:19

whats wwe next going to about just seen the list of superstars and its got rookies and wwe pro teaming up will this be shown on sky sports

Media Boy UK 22-02-2010 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 34967004)
whats wwe next going to about just seen the list of superstars and its got rookies and wwe pro teaming up will this be shown on sky sports

On Thursday nights after Late Night RAW.

Russ 22-02-2010 22:55

At the start of his entrance The Undertaker got burned by his own pyro - a firework exploded right in his face and burned his body which is why he threw his coat off and almost ran to the ring.

Even with the burns he went on to work the whole match.

Acathla 22-02-2010 23:29

Video here: http://tvnz.co.nz/othersports-news/u...-match-3378900

wwe 23-02-2010 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 34968558)
At the start of his entrance The Undertaker got burned by his own pyro - a firework exploded right in his face and burned his body which is why he threw his coat off and almost ran to the ring.

Even with the burns he went on to work the whole match.

yer i read about it on the sun i didn't think anything to it when i was whatching it just thought he wanted to get in there fast to get jerico

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acathla (Post 34968576)

wow just whatched it that was bad

Media Boy UK 01-03-2010 16:22

Paul Burchill
Charlie Haas
Scott Armstrong
Maria

Have all been let go by the WWE in the last week.