Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

pip08456 14-03-2020 21:03

Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36027326)
That’s a slightly different scenario, because they’re making shows to fit a broadcast schedule. They have to be ready when the network says so and they have to give maximum notice if hey can’t fulfil the order because the network will then have specific time slots to fill and it will have to find something else to put in.

Netflix usually drops entire seasons at once and it rarely does so on a strict annual schedule. So even if ST4 is suspended for now, we will still get the entire season eventually and given Netflix’s erratic release scheduling we might not get it much later than we would have anyway.

Well, the networks are facing plenty of problems then. Looks like they'll be repeating at lot of stuff to fill the schedule.

iadom 16-03-2020 10:32

Anyone else had their Netflix subscription via VM cancelled without any warning?

I did notice that my last VM bill notification had reduced by a few £££’s but had no idea why.

I have just received an email, apparently from Netflix which reads thus.

‘Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 16th March 2020.
If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.
Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.’

I haven’t authorised any cancellation?

Jim.

Chris 16-03-2020 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36027329)
Well, the networks are facing plenty of problems then. Looks like they'll be repeating at lot of stuff to fill the schedule.

Those of us old enough to remember* the regular merry-go-round of studio technician strikes at the BBC and various ITV companies in the 70s are well used to that :D

* I am, but only just ...

OLD BOY 16-03-2020 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36027550)
Anyone else had their Netflix subscription via VM cancelled without any warning?

I did notice that my last VM bill notification had reduced by a few £££’s but had no idea why.

I have just received an email, apparently from Netflix which reads thus.

‘Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 16th March 2020.
If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.
Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.’

I haven’t authorised any cancellation?

Jim.

Sounds to me that you are paying Virgin Media by way of a card that has expired. I cannot think of any other explanation, provided you still have money in the bank and you haven't exceeded any limits on your cards.

Check it out, that could well be the explanation.

denphone 16-03-2020 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36027589)
Sounds to me that you are paying Virgin Media by way of a card that has expired. I cannot think of any other explanation, provided you still have money in the bank and you haven't exceeded any limits on your cards.

Check it out, that could well be the explanation.

They generally email the customer before their card expires OB.

iadom 16-03-2020 13:55

No, always paid by DD from my current account, Netflix was added to my VM services.

Rather annoying tbh, there is a link in the email to restart my Netflix subscription but that has no option to add it to my VM account. I can only do it via card or PayPal .:(

pip08456 16-03-2020 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36027565)
Those of us old enough to remember* the regular merry-go-round of studio technician strikes at the BBC and various ITV companies in the 70s are well used to that :D

* I am, but only just ...

As am I.:D

muppetman11 16-03-2020 16:00

Disney signs O2 deal for six months free Disney+

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...-months-early/

iadom 16-03-2020 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36027591)
No, always paid by DD from my current account, Netflix was added to my VM services.

Rather annoying tbh, there is a link in the email to restart my Netflix subscription but that has no option to add it to my VM account. I can only do it via card or PayPal .:(

I was able to restart my Netflix subscription through VM using the Netflix app on TV.

Still mystified as to why it was stopped in the first place. I am absolutely certain that no one here authorised cancellation?

OLD BOY 16-03-2020 16:51

Quote:

In which case, ring VM customer services to establish what has happened.

johnathome 16-03-2020 16:51

Quote:

Sounds like a scam, I've just had a similar one about VM.

What's the web address when you hover over the link?

iadom 16-03-2020 17:17

That was my initial thought but as my services had indeed been discontinued on the exact date stated and the email link checked out, coupled with the reduction in my VM billing.

As I just mentioned I didn’t use the restart link in the email but did it through the Netflix app on my TV.

Have you checked to see if your subscription has been cancelled?

ozsat 17-03-2020 13:49

Amazon now seem to have HDR working on the V6.

daveoc14 17-03-2020 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36027733)
Amazon now seem to have HDR working on the V6.

I'd be happy if they had Amazon working properly on the V6.

spiderplant 17-03-2020 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveoc14 (Post 36027738)
I'd be happy if they had Amazon working properly on the V6.

In what way doesn't it work for you?