Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Trump’s Troubles (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711548)

Mick 06-04-2023 02:09

Re: Trump Organization Found Guilty Of Tax Fraud At Trial

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36149351)
I only skimmed it but falsifying business records is a crime, you and I would be done with fraud if we did it. Other than that though I don't see much weakness because they don't give evidence, just accuse him of it.

Feels a bit like Al Capone that they get him on this though if he is guilty.

It’s a misdemeanour and it’s also gone past it’s Statute of Limitations, this pathetic Democrat Alvin Bragg prosecutor, upgraded it to Felony, because it some how hides an election crime that 5 other “Federal” prosecutors decided not to pursue at the Department of Justice & FBI. It’s weak sauce, even many anti-Trump folk are saying this indictment is a nothing burger. I agree.

1andrew1 06-04-2023 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36149378)
It’s a misdemeanour and it’s also gone past it’s Statute of Limitations, this pathetic Democrat Alvin Bragg prosecutor, upgraded it to Felony, because it some how hides an election crime that 5 other “Federal” prosecutors decided not to pursue at the Department of Justice & FBI. It’s weak sauce, even many anti-Trump folk are saying this indictment is a nothing burger. I agree.

I've read similar and respect such comments, but I don't think Bragg is to be underestimated. He may have something up his sleeve - certainly, the jury were convinced.

I think it's all about playing the long game. Trump will surely be prosecuted for something, be it inciting the crowd or retaining those classified documents.

Mick 06-04-2023 11:05

Bragg is on record for stating he’ll get Trump. The judge may still convict him, but all Trump has to do is appeal it at an higher court & it will be thrown out as is it should be.

1andrew1 06-04-2023 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36149395)
Bragg is on record for stating he’ll get Trump. The judge may still convict him, but all Trump has to do is appeal it at an higher court & it will be thrown out as is it should be.

Trump may well avoid prosecution on these charges - I've read many quotes from Democrats and Republicans that he will - but it will weaken him for when the other charges hit him.

I also wonder if Bragg is holding something up his sleeve? Certainly, the jury were convinced.

Interesting times.

Hugh 06-04-2023 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36149395)

It will be a trial by jury - the judge won’t decide his guilt.

Itshim 06-04-2023 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36149408)
It will be a trial by jury - the judge won’t decide his guilt.

You trust a jury to call it. Ie OJ Simpson ! Word coming across to me is Trump is favourite to return as republican candidate because of the charges!!

1andrew1 06-04-2023 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36149432)
You trust a jury to call it. Ie OJ Simpson !

I don't think Hugh is giving an opinion on whether he trusts the jury or not. He's pointing out that it's going to be the jury's decision to decide Trump's innocence or guilt and not the judge's.

Itshim 07-04-2023 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36149434)
I don't think Hugh is giving an opinion on whether he trusts the jury or not. He's pointing out that it's going to be the jury's decision to decide Trump's innocence or guilt and not the judge's.

Understand but don't rely on juries to get it right if they did why allow appeals. Trump I think will get off if only by appeal :shocked:

Mr K 07-04-2023 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36149497)
Understand but don't rely on juries to get it right if they did why allow appeals. Trump I think will get off if only by appeal :shocked:

Seems any judge or jury member will be in fear for their life if they dare say anything against the Holy one. Chances of justice in the USA , are zero.

Itshim 08-04-2023 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36149512)
Seems any judge or jury member will be in fear for their life if they dare say anything against the Holy one. Chances of justice in the USA , are zero.

Most people I know feel it's a witch hunt , and some are not his supporters be any means:erm:

Maggy 08-04-2023 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36149546)
Most people I know feel it's a witch hunt , and some are not his supporters be any means:erm:

Most people I know don't feel it's a witch hunt.

1andrew1 08-04-2023 18:20

Most Americans approve of the charges against Trump but believe that he will escape conviction.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...view-case-poll
https://www.axios.com/2023/04/03/pol...cans-democrats

Pierre 08-04-2023 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36149548)
Most Americans approve of the charges against Trump but believe that he will escape conviction.
https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...view-case-poll
https://www.axios.com/2023/04/03/pol...cans-democrats

Of course he will.

Because the charges, or the severity of them, verge on fabrication.

It’s very sad, as what we are seeing is the weaponisation of the US legal system for political means.

The irony compared with past and present totalitarian states is there for all to see.

Damien 08-04-2023 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36149551)
Of course he will.

Because the charges, or the severity of them, verge on fabrication.

It’s very sad, as what we are seeing is the weaponisation of the US legal system for political means.

The irony compared with past and present totalitarian states is there for all to see.

The US system has always been like this. It's insane how many parts of the legal system have people elected to positions.

The difference here is that they're going after someone powerful.

1andrew1 08-04-2023 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36149552)
The US system has always been like this. It's insane how many parts of the legal system have people elected to positions.

The difference here is that they're going after someone powerful.

Exactly. Trump actually leaned heavily into the politicisation of the justice system.