Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607712)

neilo 04-07-2020 20:09

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Of all the companies I have ever dealt with, Virgin’s Customer Service set up is by far the worst.

You just have to keep re-explaining things every time you get transferred to someone who says they can’t help you, and you’re transferred again.

I never feel that anyone can actually sort anything out. It’s like none of them seem to know what they are doing.

This is VM’s biggest weakness. As long as the service works and you don’t need to contact CS, you are ok.

But if you need to contact CS, free your diary up for three hours and be prepared for some of the worst CS in the country.

Martin_D 04-07-2020 21:46

It’s was one reason we are moving I used to use the community forum for help but it’s been destroyed for me as they got a completely different team now.

Gavin78 05-07-2020 12:52

You clearly haven't had to deal with Npower CS and these are english speaking or even 3 Mobile for that matter

Martin_D 05-07-2020 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin78 (Post 36042400)
You clearly haven't had to deal with Npower CS and these are english speaking or even 3 Mobile for that matter

Yah we have SSE never had problems all ways good

Gavin-D 08-07-2020 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by caroline (Post 36041858)
so my current contract ends on august the 8th , so i started looking at what virgin had to offer and came across this offer -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...-bundle-sports

so i phoned them up to be told i cant have this offer as it is only for new customer's the only way to get it is to wait 60 days then apply in my husbands name , so after quite a long talk with the virgin operator trying to get him to agree to have this offer , telling him that they should look after people like me that have been with virgin for 27 years i decided to cancel my contract with virgin and told him to put me through to the cancelation department , there i spoke to a lovely lady who said if i put it in my husbands name i could have this offer and she could set this up from the 8th august , i asked her why the other operator said i would have to wait 60 days to get it and she said they dont really have the authority to do this there end and so by saying this they hope you wont move from virgin , anyway it does just prove that if you persist you can get a better deal with them especially if you speak to a nice lady like i did , she was so helpful i couldnt ask for more .

So basically the bit they send in the email I got today about finding you a new bundle on a great price is complete tosh?

Like the package you've got? Then there’s nothing you need to do. Fancy moving to a new bundle with us? We’ll help you find the perfect one at the best price, on a new contract. Thinking of leaving? We’d love you to stay, but you’re free to look around.

RichardCoulter 08-07-2020 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin-D (Post 36042787)
So basically the bit they send in the email I got today about finding you a new bundle on a great price is complete tosh?

Like the package you've got? Then there’s nothing you need to do. Fancy moving to a new bundle with us? We’ll help you find the perfect one at the best price, on a new contract. Thinking of leaving? We’d love you to stay, but you’re free to look around.

'Free to look around' for a new supplier?? :shocked:

Hugh 28-07-2020 12:11

Just received an email from VM
Quote:

Hello Hugh,

Let’s get to it: after the last four months, and the uncertainty of what’s ahead, there’s no more business as usual. That’s why we aren’t raising your price this year as we normally would.

This means the price you pay for your current package right now will stay the same for the rest of 2020.

There are no catches, and there’s nothing you need to do. In the meantime, we’ll keep investing in our network and doing all we can to make sure you stay connected.

For more on what we’ve done to look after our people and customers during this time, please head over here.

Take care, and thank you for being with us.

The Virgin Media team

denphone 28-07-2020 12:16

Good news for all Virgin Media customers.:)

alwaysabear 28-07-2020 13:01

Great news , just got my email.

RichardCoulter 28-07-2020 14:36

I'm also pleased, but it does call into question their usual 'we need to increase prices to keep on investing in our network' excuse.

I don't know about other areas, but in our area (ex NTL) annual price increases were never a given, ; we've been led to expect this so see this as a bonus!

Kushan 28-07-2020 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36044918)
I'm also pleased, but it does call into question their usual 'we need to increase prices to keep on investing in our network' excuse.

Perhaps you could argue that they weren't able to invest as much while we were in lockdown, so they're passing those savings on.

Or it's just PR.

RichardCoulter 28-07-2020 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushan (Post 36044919)
Perhaps you could argue that they weren't able to invest as much while we were in lockdown, so they're passing those savings on.

Or it's just PR.

Could well be yes.

Inactive Digital 28-07-2020 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushan (Post 36044919)

Or it's just PR.

Or the impact it would have on customer service call volumes - I see from their website that some call centres are still closed.

Whatever the reason, its welcome news for customers.

BBman 28-06-2021 14:33

I personally have always had an adequate experience with Virgin media.

I wouldn't say they ever went above and beyond but their wait times were ok and their customer service was like most others I've dealt with- pretty underwhelming but eventually helpful!

Itshim 02-07-2021 17:31

Feeling very happy today