Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lobster 575 USB Data Cables (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33605300)

TheOne 30-12-2006 17:59

Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickTheFox (Post 34188085)
Just to let you know, I have received the data cable for my Lobster 575 from Virgin, unlike the one I got from Poland AND the cable I got from e-bay, the Virgin cable works fine.In the letter that arrived with the cable it said that I should have a CD also, but the cable is actually plug and play.Connect first to your phone and then PC, in MY COMPUTER it comes as an extra hard drive, you can now drag and drop MP3's into the audio file and use them as ringtones. I hope this helps....

Finally a success story, thanks for replying to this thread :D

What ringtone/music formats can the phone play other than .mp3?

How long did it take you to receive your data cable?

nobbyc42 05-01-2007 11:56

im just waiting on my cable to arrive i had an email from virgin and the company that make them told me 4 to 5 days maybe longer with post and holidays will let you know what happens

NickTheFox 06-01-2007 11:23

As far as I'm aware it's only MP3 tones, but they are THE real thing, i.e they sound just like the track you've downloaded, it took about 8 days for the cable, to be honest with you Virgin have been pretty good, bearing in mind that they give you the cable for free and they don't even make the phone or any accsessories for the Lobster 575. My pals wanted me to transfer the ringtones via bluetooth, but of cause this phone is not bluetooth.

nobbyc42 06-01-2007 18:38

guess what ?
got email today the cable is out of stock (oh nooooooooooo)i heard myself cry then words like typical bad luck or is get mike day today went round in my head ,but all is not lost as soon as it comes in ill have it within 3 days (yeah right )
getting disaloussioned :td: with virgin now

typical:(

dazzamcgocks 07-01-2007 17:28

I've been reading your threads about the USB data cable for the Lobster 575 and subsequently contacted virgin. They informed me that they do not supply the cable and they gave me two websites which were of no use at all!!!!! WWW.FLATBATT.COM and WWW.BELLWAVE.COM

How cums then they sent you guys a cable ? I would appreciate it very much guys if you could help me on this guys as I am very frustrated with Virgin!!!!:Yikes: :confused: :confused:

TheOne 07-01-2007 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzamcgocks (Post 34193177)
I've been reading your threads about the USB data cable for the Lobster 575 and subsequently contacted virgin. They informed me that they do not supply the cable and they gave me two websites which were of no use at all!!!!! WWW.FLATBATT.COM and WWW.BELLWAVE.COM

How cums then they sent you guys a cable ? I would appreciate it very much guys if you could help me on this guys as I am very frustrated with Virgin!!!!:Yikes: :confused: :confused:

i've just PM'd you back

Quote:

guess what ?
got email today the cable is out of stock (oh nooooooooooo)i heard myself cry then words like typical bad luck or is get mike day today went round in my head ,but all is not lost as soon as it comes in ill have it within 3 days (yeah right )
getting disaloussioned with virgin now

typical
yep, i got an email like that over a week ago, its been about 2 weeks in total now and still waiting....patiently .lol

we'll get them out of Virgin some way or another !!!!!

nobbyc42 07-01-2007 19:27

i hope so dude i really do phone full of pics of the family have tones on pc raedy and waiting,
dazz just register on line with virgin the send them and email they even gace me £2.00 credit for registring on line it works dudes

NickTheFox 12-01-2007 16:57

How did I get a cable? well first I have a direct debit with Virgin, the deal is this 300txts and 300mins talk time per month for £10. This was offered to me by Virgin for being with NTL and having Broadband, landline and NTL tv package. I did send them a strongly worded e-mail to the effect that I thought their treatment of non support for customers was awful, this in turn jump started them to send me a cable etc. My advice is to persist with e-mails, phone calls until you get satisfaction, I did threaten to go to the media, which may have helped my cause. I think the biggest culprits are the people selling leads that fit and look the part, but DO NOT work, take my advice and barrage Virgin for the cable that works.

luckybleeder 12-01-2007 18:00

I actually bought this phone from Virgin and i was disgusted that they couldn't supply me with the data cable. The cheeky buggers suggested an online store (m99) but they no longer stock them because of the high return rate :(

Mailed the "team" today pointing out this thread and i was promised one within 7 -10 working days along with a Froogle link to a company that don't stock 575 cables!

Why is it that everything ntl touch turns to crap :(

raefil 13-01-2007 00:40

any chance of an email addy pls to get the bloomin thing

luckybleeder 13-01-2007 11:25

Here you go raefil and good luck!

theteam@virginmobile.com

TheOne 13-01-2007 15:37

i applied for the data cable around xmas, since then they've sent me 2 emails saying there's delays and that the demand has outstripped supply basically and that as soon as there in stock again they'll get one sent to me within 3 days. so still waiting really

luckybleeder 13-01-2007 20:25

Like i said previously i didn't get my phone for free with an ntl deal i actually paid for it (£70 i think). So i've been waiting since October 06 for the fabled data cable :(

Just had a look on ebay and rocking horse poop springs to mind :(

TheOne 13-01-2007 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybleeder (Post 34197264)
Like i said previously i didn't get my phone for free with an ntl deal i actually paid for it (£70 i think). So i've been waiting since October 06 for the fabled data cable :(

Just had a look on ebay and rocking horse poop springs to mind :(

OMG :Yikes: since October ? thats ridiculous and you even paid for yours thats awful. You should really get onto Virgins back !!!

luckybleeder 13-01-2007 23:26

Now lets have no talk about me getting on Virgins back. I'm a married man :D