Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Prescott on Blair's 'Crusades' (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700341)

ianch99 18-03-2015 08:53

Re: Prescott on Blair's 'Crusades'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35765448)
When did Thatcher send thousands of men to there death based on a sexed up dossier and out and out lies. He committed a war crime and should pay the price ??

Blier lied and then was given the job of peace envoy to the middle east :rofl: , he's not done a very god joob of that ether has he as there are still people being killed because of his legacy.

I didn't realise Thatcher had to have commited the same "crimes" to be compared? As we're straying off-topic, let's agree to disagree regards the Blessed Margaret.

Maybe you should invite Dave to the trial?

Cameron backs Blair on Iraq war

Sirius 18-03-2015 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35765552)
I didn't realise Thatcher had to have commited the same "crimes" to be compared? As we're straying off-topic, let's agree to disagree regards the Blessed Margaret.

Maybe you should invite Dave to the trial?

Cameron backs Blair on Iraq war

Cameron was not prime minister at the time so why should he be charged.

ianch99 18-03-2015 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35765560)
Cameron was not prime minister at the time so why should he be charged.

So parliament including the Conervative party did not vote for and approve the war then?

Hugh 18-03-2015 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35765588)
So parliament including the Conervative party did not vote for and approve the war then?

On the basis of the information supplied by Blair et al.....

Sirius 18-03-2015 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35765601)

:tu:

TheDaddy 18-03-2015 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35765601)

Think things would've been any different, I don't, Tony and Dave are cut very much from the same cloth imo, neither will ever get my vote both snake oil salesmen

ianch99 18-03-2015 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35765608)
Think things would've been any different, I don't, Tony and Dave are cut very much from the same cloth imo, neither will ever get my vote both snake oil salesmen

:tu:

Sirius 18-03-2015 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35765608)

Things have been differant however, did we not decide not to go running in to Syria. Could that be because no dodgy dossiers on chemical weapons and there deployment time were presented ??? :)

TheDaddy 18-03-2015 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35765617)
Things have been differant however, did we not decide not to go running in to Syria. Could that be because no dodgy dossiers on chemical weapons and there deployment time were presented ??? :)

No thanks to Dave, he wanted us to go in, I've no doubt he would've got his way if he really thought it worth pushing just like Tony

Sirius 18-03-2015 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35765623)
No thanks to Dave, he wanted us to go in, I've no doubt he would've got his way if he really thought it worth pushing just like Tony

Or just lied to get us in.;)

TheDaddy 18-03-2015 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35765625)
Or just lied to get us in.;)

Exactly, if he thought it particularly advantageous to him he'd have done it, just like his clone did previously.

Sirius 18-03-2015 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35765626)
Exactly, if he thought it particularly advantageous to him he'd have done it, just like his clone did previously.

That i do agree with :tu:

TheDaddy 05-07-2017 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35764725)
I still want to see Blair arrested for war crimes.

You might still yet.

I'd vote for any party that made it happen for quite a few years to incidentally

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rosecution-ban

heero_yuy 06-07-2017 10:39

Quote:

Asked if Mr Blair was as truthful with him [Chilcot] and the public as he should have been during the seven-year inquiry, he replied: "Can I slightly reword that to say I think any Prime Minister taking a country into war has got to be straight with the nation and carry it, so far as possible, with him or her.

"I don't believe that was the case in the Iraq instance."
Source

He lied.

Osem 06-07-2017 12:17

Bliar took the course of action he wanted to take in spite of the facts. It's quite clear that he'd promised Bush the UK's support so he just needed something to justify that support. Cue a dodgy dossier...