Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702913)

Horizon 27-07-2016 18:04

Re: Virgin Media will launch a new set-top box

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35851452)
In fairness, Virgin have confirmed a new box is on the horizon. They have not specified what software that box will run, whether it's Tivo or Horizon.

They did. It will be Tivo to begin with, then they will change it to Horizon in the next few years. The software is specifically being rolled out due to the launch of Liberty's EOS cloud based platform across all their cablecos.

What we don't know is what services will be in the cloud and what won't.

Arthurgray50@blu 27-07-2016 20:15

Just to confirm that in The Treaty Centre, Hounslow. You go to the main entrance and you have a Virgin Media shop on the left hand side.

Go just inside the door, and bingo you have a Sky Tv stand. Try and streeview it.

And the shock of the price, IF, we renew the contract at the end of August. It will cost us £140.00 per month.

That is the XL package, bb, and the phone. Pls Sky Sports channels. NOT Movies. That is an increase of £60 quid per month.

I cannot afford that.

Someone, is making money out of us.

djmagnifique 27-07-2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35851476)
Just to confirm that in The Treaty Centre, Hounslow. You go to the main entrance and you have a Virgin Media shop on the left hand side.

Go just inside the door, and bingo you have a Sky Tv stand. Try and streeview it.

And the shock of the price, IF, we renew the contract at the end of August. It will cost us £140.00 per month.

That is the XL package, bb, and the phone. Pls Sky Sports channels. NOT Movies. That is an increase of £60 quid per month.

I cannot afford that.

TV xl, 200Mb broadband, XXL phone and sports bundle comes to £111.49 per month on the bundle builder. Do you have any extra boxes?

Give them a call and pick moving/thinking of leaving and they will try and give you a better price.

Arthurgray50@blu 27-07-2016 20:57

We have a refurbished box they gave us for our son. When his one broke down.

The sales rep told her today, that was the best deal they could give. The contracts ends at the end of July.

Last year, they didn't even tell us that our contract was up. And charged us about £140.00 and said that was the full price for our Bundle.

Its rip off. This is why l have always been critical when they put the price up. Its the same old service, no new channels, just crap one.

Its about time VM thought of the customers, and not themselves.

VM could reduce prices, and still make money. Biggest trouble is there is no competition for VM.

The good thing is that Now TV, are brining out new stuff. And from what l hear, its all good

1andrew1 27-07-2016 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35851489)

The sales rep told her today, that was the best deal they could give. The contracts ends at the end of July.

Last year, they didn't even tell us that our contract was up. And charged us about £140.00 and said that was the full price for our Bundle.

Its rip off. This is why l have always been critical when they put the price up. Its the same old service, no new channels, just crap one.

VM could reduce prices, and still make money. Biggest trouble is there is no competition for VM.

The good thing is that Now TV, are brining out new stuff. And from what l hear, its all good

There's been more on-demand content from UKTV, ABC, ITV and Starz. New channels and in-house commissions are on their way.

I'm a fan of Now TV but the new box is underwhelming with only a now and next EPG, no recording facility and no 1080 content.

But the one thing VM does have is competition from Sky, BT, TalkTalk and streaming services. If you don't like VM then swap one or all of your services to another provider. But I think you'll find that prices will continue to rise for all providers, especially with a weaker £ as content is sold in US$.

muppetman11 28-07-2016 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35851494)
I'm a fan of Now TV but the new box is underwhelming with only a now and next EPG, no recording facility and no 1080 content.

I honestly can't believe you thought it would have a full EPG and recording capability.

OLD BOY 28-07-2016 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35851489)

No competition? What about BT? What about Talk Talk? You will find they are cheaper, but with less choice. (Ahem: that's why they are cheaper).

The reason why the price of channels is so high? You can blame Sky for that one.

1andrew1 28-07-2016 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35851524)
I honestly can't believe you thought it would have a full EPG and recording capability.

My post was in response to Arthur's which said this about the new Now TV box "And from what l hear, it's all good." I pointed out that it's not all good and highlighted the three weaknesses which reviewers have picked up on - no 1080 HD or 4K, no recording facility and no full EPG.
However, in terms of what I expected:
- Recording facility? No didn't expect this.
- 7-day EPG? I did expect this so that users would use the Now TV box to access Freeview channels and no longer need to use the SOURCE button on their TVs to swap between sources.

heero_yuy 28-07-2016 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35851476)

I cannot afford that.

How else do you think the overpaid Premier League Prima-Donna's get their money?

Forget football, just take the bb and stream the rest. I'm sure your local will have Sky sport anyway. Your wallet will worship you.:D

muppetman11 28-07-2016 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35851527)
My post was in response to Arthur's which said this about the new Now TV box "And from what l hear, it's all good." I pointed out that it's not all good and highlighted the three weaknesses which reviewers have picked up on - no 1080 HD or 4K, no recording facility and no full EPG.
However, in terms of what I expected:
- Recording facility? No didn't expect this.
- 7-day EPG? I did expect this so that users would use the Now TV box to access Freeview channels and no longer need to use the SOURCE button on their TVs to swap between sources.

It's not something I'd ever go out and buy but I'll gladly take a free one.:D

At the moment 1080 streaming and PVR capability would be to likely to make current satellite customers take note and possibly move something Sky definitely doesn't want.

hedgie 28-07-2016 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35851528)
....Forget football, just take the bb and stream the rest. I'm sure your local will have Sky sport anyway. Your wallet will worship you.:D

Not that easy to get Rugby League & F1 though......

RichardCoulter 08-08-2016 14:17

Details of the new box now revealed:

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...edia-tv-offer/

toady 08-08-2016 14:47

No pictures of the beautiful, great, super Tivo UI ?

RichardCoulter 08-08-2016 15:18

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/pre...tion-FINAL.pdf

Page 14 could be it.

Horizon 08-08-2016 16:23

....let me try that for you:

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/pre...tion-FINAL.pdf

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by toady (Post 35852981)
No pictures of the beautiful, great, super Tivo UI ?

Nope, but he's what Tom Mockbridge, VM boss, said on the subject:

".... the relaunch under the brand Virgin TV in the United Kingdom with the new EOS box and new interface will in addition give us a very, very significant step up in our ability to do on demand programming across its multiple forms and give our customers access to a large range of over-the-top applications which you, those of you who are our customers will have seen already, will definitely be adding to that...."

Mike Fries also said in the same webcast that the new box was small and sleek, which is not what the picture shows.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35851537)
It's not something I'd ever go out and buy but I'll gladly take a free one.:D

At the moment 1080 streaming and PVR capability would be to likely to make current satellite customers take note and possibly move something Sky definitely doesn't want.

Perhaps....

Everyone seems to view Now TV as a defensive play for Sky which either mops up some customers who have cancelled satellite tv or encouraging a few Freeview folks to upgrade a bit. I'm not so sure its a defensive play by Sky and the evidence for that is the recent launch of broadband and phone bundles along with Now TV.

Perhaps Now TV will be the Sky of the future and this is the beginning of Sky turning from a satellite tv company into a cable/streaming one instead.

vincerooney 08-08-2016 16:37

Hmm interesting! I dont have a 4K tv and i'm quite happy with HD...(im only 30 years old i should be more hip and eager for all this new technology but to be brutally honest i like watching tv shows and sport i couldnt care less about how clear the footballers arse looks like- but each to their own)

I'm guessing the 4k box will have the higher cost. Will the non 4k one cost more than the tivo 5 pound charge currently?? If not will it be a case of "oh IYA virgin media my box has broke..."

spiderplant 08-08-2016 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35853006)
If not will it be a case of "oh IYA virgin media my box has broke..."

Here's a clue: if your V+ breaks, what box do you get as a replacement?

veeemmm 10-08-2016 01:05

So basically they are releasing a new cheap box that will initially have the "sleeker menus and pictures" (their words not mine) version of Tivo that has just been released to the old Tivo (with 4K bolted on) as an interim measure until they finish working on Horizon in "a few years" and Tivo gets dumped?

http://informitv.com/2016/05/10/virg...ivo-successor/

passingbat 10-08-2016 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by veeemmm (Post 35853203)
So basically they are releasing a new cheap box that will initially have the "sleeker menus and pictures" (their words not mine) version of Tivo that has just been released to the old Tivo (with 4K bolted on) as an interim measure until they finish working on Horizon in "a few years" and Tivo gets dumped?

http://informitv.com/2016/05/10/virg...ivo-successor/

Quote:

Virgin Media needs to appear more competitive

Did this guy miss the point that he wrote in his own article, that VM are launching a 4k box in a few months, which in electronics terms, is not that far behind 4k Sky Q.

Stephen 10-08-2016 08:48

So Eos will be used around Europe and will run TiVo or Horizonn.

A one size fits all stb. A bit like the new Suphub.

OLD BOY 10-08-2016 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35853212)

Did this guy miss the point that he wrote in his own article, that VM are launching a 4k box in a few months, which in electronics terms, is not that far behind 4k Sky Q.

I hadn't read anywhere that the new Eos box was behind Sky Q (except of course in terms of dates). Where did that come from, Passingbat?

Stephen 10-08-2016 10:27

I don't think you read that post correctly.

Horizon 10-08-2016 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35853216)
So Eos will be used around Europe and will run TiVo or Horizonn.

A one size fits all stb. A bit like the new Suphub.

Yep, but Liberty's cablecos are all very different from each other. So, even if most of them run Horizon on the same box, surely it must be different versions of the software depending on which cableco it is??

The only way I see that changing is if they move their tv over to IP standards and run it over DOCSIS3.1, probably using switched video too. So, at the moment its not quite one size fits all despite what they say.

Stephen 10-08-2016 11:16

Well it will save money to start with if all their companies end up using the same stb.

OLD BOY 10-08-2016 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35853221)
I don't think you read that post correctly.

How did you read it, Stephen?

passingbat 10-08-2016 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35853246)

The quoted I posted is from the linked article Veeemmm posted. You need to have read the linked article to understand the point I was making.

Stephen 10-08-2016 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35853246)

That the VM 4K box is not getting released too far behind Sky Q and its 4K rollout.

NOT that Eos is behind the Sky Q box.

OLD BOY 10-08-2016 18:51

Ah, that makes more sense, thank you.

blueboxmedia 10-08-2016 22:55

Looks like tomorrow will be the day
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1384...to-rival-sky-q

blue666666 10-08-2016 23:12

am looking forward for the news, virgin should tell us how much the box will cost?

Joedm45 11-08-2016 10:26

Call me cynical but that photo looks like a 1980s VCR. Hopefully the software fares better

Stephen 11-08-2016 10:44

1 Attachment(s)
Looks nasty

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...1&d=1470908609

Martin_D 11-08-2016 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35853378)

Prototype ?

fireisdangerous 11-08-2016 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin_D (Post 35853381)
Prototype ?

Looks like the Xbox one.

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853342)
am looking forward for the news, virgin should tell us how much the box will cost?

I remember media boy said there are DNP until end of August so I think price will be held back till then

denphone 11-08-2016 12:01

l expect something to surprise us...

Stephen 11-08-2016 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin_D (Post 35853381)
Prototype ?

I don't think so as the Virgin Media corporate Twitter account tweeted a pic of it yesterday. Advising news will be out today.

trickytree 11-08-2016 12:26

Oooh dear that does look nasty.
To be honest mine is mainly hidden in the cabinet it is what it does and free space etc that is my draw

Stuart 11-08-2016 13:28

Quote:

Clearly following the Xbox ONE/PS4 school of design (more XBONE than PS4). This is not a good thing IMO, as I find both consoles ugly, and in the case of the Xbox ONE, I find the design a little brutal.

veeemmm 11-08-2016 13:34

Quote:

Good grief, I was looking for a slot to insert a betamax tape :D The original UK Tivo series 1 was so much more stylish. Still, I won't be hanging around for it.

Stephen 11-08-2016 14:06

The current TiVo is nice and sleek looking but that looks like a big brick.

However as there is nothing to compare its scale with, maybe it will be smaller than we think.

OLD BOY 11-08-2016 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35853407)
Clearly following the Xbox ONE/PS4 school of design (more XBONE than PS4). This is not a good thing IMO, as I find both consoles ugly, and in the case of the Xbox ONE, I find the design a little brutal.

Don't panic! That is not the box!!!!

Mad Max 11-08-2016 14:10

That's f*****g horrendous!!

denphone 11-08-2016 14:11

Now now Max you must calm down dear.;)

Stephen 11-08-2016 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35853415)

How do you know?

It was actually Virgin Media's corporate account that tweeted a pic yesterday of said STB.

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaCorp/...06079380389888

jcm193 11-08-2016 14:17

I will go for functionally over aesthetics any day of the week anything`s an improvement over the tivo

Horizon 11-08-2016 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35853415)

But it is a box....:D I should have stuck with my first instincts yesterday.

Russian dolls come to mind here.

denphone 11-08-2016 16:37

Well it looks like they have released a picture of the new Virgin V6 box

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaCorp.

1andrew1 11-08-2016 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35853443)
Well it looks like they have released a picture of the new Virgin V6 box

https://twitter.com/VirginMediaCorp.

Well pounced upon Den. Looks like as expected but could it be quite a small box ie Apple TV/Roku sized?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CplrdoKW8AAONuB.jpg

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35853447)
Well pounced upon Den. Looks like as expected but could it be quite a small box ie Apple TV/Roku sized?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CplrdoKW8AAONuB.jpg

It looks really small and nice can we have size specs

denphone 11-08-2016 16:58

l think most of us want to know the specifications of it Andrew as one has a idea but it would be nice if they came out with more info about its specifications.

blue666666 11-08-2016 17:04

so what is the v6 box for? replace tivo or something else

denphone 11-08-2016 17:07

Maybe V6 means it has 6 tuners perhaps.

blue666666 11-08-2016 17:12

6 tuners would be nice

denphone 11-08-2016 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853454)
6 tuners would be nice

Most definitely.

spiderplant 11-08-2016 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 (Post 35853448)
It looks really small and nice can we have size specs

You can tell fairly well from that picture by comparing with the TiVo remote. It's about the size of a substantial paperback book.

muppetman11 11-08-2016 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35853452)
Maybe V6 means it has 6 tuners perhaps.

You don't need 6 tuners Old Boy says linear is dead :D

denphone 11-08-2016 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35853456)
You can tell fairly well from that picture by comparing with the TiVo remote. It's about the size of a substantial paperback book.

Yes its around the size of one of my good sized paperback railway books.:)

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:21

Roughly the size of the old analogue stbs the cablecos used to deploy.

Despite its "old" look, it is small and unobtrusive, so thumbs up from me....so far.

Question for Spiderplant: I see VM are sticking with the tivo remote, which I'm not entirely thrilled about. Do you know if these "new" remotes actually have typeface on them that doesn't rub off this time?

denphone 11-08-2016 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35853458)
You don't need 6 tuners Old Boy says linear is dead :D

While we should respect the wise sages views and opinions l like quite a few others don't necessarily share the same views on one or two things.:)

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:27

Question for everyone else: Do you think its a PVR?

Looks tight to get a hard drive and everything else in there.

lonespeaker 11-08-2016 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853463)
Question for everyone else: Do you think its a PVR?

Looks tight to get a hard drive and everything else in there.

Plenty of room for a 2.5" hard drive which you can get 3tb (possibly more) now.

I wonder if there is going to be a trial period before launch where we can signup

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonespeaker (Post 35853465)
Plenty of room for a 2.5" hard drive which you can get 3tb (possibly more) now.

I wonder if there is going to be a trial period before launch where we can signup

I'd actually completely forgotten about 2.5" hard drives, so you're right on that.

denphone 11-08-2016 17:38

Yes they make things smaller and smaller these days so as lonespeaker says it would be no problem having a small hard drive in there.

blue666666 11-08-2016 17:43

so is the v6 box 4k

Media Boy UK 11-08-2016 17:44

It look like the new boxes we was told about 13months ago.

We feel some viewers will not be happy about the extra per month they will need to pay if they want one.

We still trying to work out the box posted online (It one of two).

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:48

It looks like VM's version of Sky's mini (non 4k) box to me.

blue666666 11-08-2016 17:48

how much is the extra a month mediboy

denphone 11-08-2016 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35853470)

We feel some viewers will not be happy about the extra per month they will need to pay if they want one.

Well the sooner one knows about the costs then the better one will be able to make a decision.:)

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853472)

Double figures perhaps..

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:52

Vm says its 4k:

https://virginmedia.response.lithium...sation/7731753

lonespeaker 11-08-2016 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853469)
so is the v6 box 4k

Only confirmation so far is Netflix and Youtube 4K but I would expect Sky 4K as well if it supports 4K anyway

Media Boy UK 11-08-2016 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35853473)
Well the sooner one knows about the costs then the better one will be able to make a decision.:)

We have the price list on stand up - just need to get an DNP order remove.

cupcakes aka dd 11-08-2016 17:53

Looks alright to me. Its just a rounded cornered square box and at least one third smaller than the present TiVo. Do we want a 3D printed lattice structure that hovers on a magnetic base. Of course we do.

blue666666 11-08-2016 17:55

10 pound a month a bit steep but may come extra goodies to make worth it

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd (Post 35853479)
Looks alright to me. Its just a rounded cornered square box and at least one third smaller than the present TiVo. Do we want a 3D printed lattice structure that hovers on a magnetic base. Of course we do.

No, just something that actually works for a change.

spiderplant 11-08-2016 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853461)
Do you know if these "new" remotes actually have typeface on them that doesn't rub off this time?

That was fixed years ago, wasn't it?

Horizon 11-08-2016 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35853484)
That was fixed years ago, wasn't it?

I got my tivo and its remote around 2 years ago and the letters came off after a few months.

And the "new" remote looks exactly like the old one, so don't know and hence the question.

If you say it was fixed since them, then that's good.

Media Boy UK 11-08-2016 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853476)

Thanks for info - we did not see that.

lonespeaker 11-08-2016 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853472)

Wouldn't surprise me if all the current bundles were refreshed&renamed and you have to re contract to get one of the new boxs.

You can either stay on current tivo + new bundle (eg new customer)
or
You can re contract to get new tivo + new bundle for £49 install and then pay an extra £6 a month for the UHD channels.

The new bundles will be £1 - £4 more expensive so in effect on the XL TV package with UHD you will pay £10 a month more....

.... wonder if I'm even close to right :)

Media Boy UK 11-08-2016 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue666666 (Post 35853481)

It will have some goodies - and an new app coming.

blue666666 11-08-2016 18:07

sounds interesting mediboy

denphone 11-08-2016 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35853491)

:hyper::hyper:

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Quote:

l am sure it will be reasonably priced.

pk1 11-08-2016 18:28

Who the bloody hell thought that was a good design for a box ?

Horizon 11-08-2016 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pk1 (Post 35853504)
Who the bloody hell thought that was a good design for a box ?

Don't worry VM's PR people will be hard at work to make this look good.

On official launch day, I expect Branson to make an appearance with his usual hands all over young ladies (of just legal age...) to distract attention away from the stb.

It works everytime!

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35853470)

Well can we be told about how much extra per month, taking into account the fee for a TiVo is currently £5 per month

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:

Well that is only a increase of £5 per month on current TiVo box so that if is the case wouldn't be bad

denphone 11-08-2016 18:39

Personally l don't give two hoots about how it looks as the specifications of the box are more important in my book.

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonespeaker (Post 35853490)
Wouldn't surprise me if all the current bundles were refreshed&renamed and you have to re contract to get one of the new boxs.

You can either stay on current tivo + new bundle (eg new customer)
or
You can re contract to get new tivo + new bundle for £49 install and then pay an extra £6 a month for the UHD channels.

The new bundles will be £1 - £4 more expensive so in effect on the XL TV package with UHD you will pay £10 a month more....

.... wonder if I'm even close to right :)

I would say your close but with some current loyalty deals that will be interesting

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35853491)

An important question can you get more than one or does V6 only need one v6

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35853501)
:hyper::hyper:

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

l am sure it will be reasonably priced.

You think it's reasonable and media boy thinks some customers won't be happy confused

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853509)
Don't worry VM's PR people will be hard at work to make this look good.

On official launch day, I expect Branson to make an appearance with his usual hands all over young ladies (of just legal age...) to distract attention away from the stb.

It works everytime!

I will be ordering one or two just need to renew a new loyalty deal with virgin media

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Now sky don't pay extra for movies and sports 4K because say you have a non 4K tv. You pay same as somebody with and that only works when it's included in price not added as extra

muppetman11 11-08-2016 19:05

You've been told this numerous times , Sky customers do pay for 4K , the Q Silver Bundle which includes 4K content in line with your current subscription costs more than all other packages.

spiderplant 11-08-2016 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853487)
I got my tivo and its remote around 2 years ago and the letters came off after a few months.

I thought it was fixed before that but that may be my memory failing. Or you may have been given old stock for some reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35853487)
And the "new" remote looks exactly like the old one, so don't know and hence the question.

Look closely and you will see a few changes to the buttons . The new remote is also a bit shorter too.

Horizon 11-08-2016 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35853521)
I thought it was fixed before that but that may be my memory failing. Or you may have been given old stock for some reason.

Ok, as long as its been fixed now.

Quote:

Look closely and you will see a few changes to the buttons . The new remote is also a bit shorter too.

I wouldn't wish to break my record of being critical of VM's TV service, but.... one positive I've just noticed and you're right, it is a new remote, is the navigation buttons are separate. GOOD!

1701-e 11-08-2016 19:23

Quote:

Rather subtle but nicely done. Mute button moved. New search button? Smaller slow button?

jj20x 11-08-2016 19:23

It reminds me of the Bush DTRs, small but not very attractive.

passingbat 11-08-2016 19:35

Quote:

Don't know if you're allowed to say.

I hope that they haven't changed it from IR to Bluetooth and that there will be a Harmony Remote profile available.

Will the new box still work with the original Tivo remote, and thus the current Harmony profile Spiderplant?

Thanks

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35853520)
You've been told this numerous times , Sky customers do pay for 4K , the Q Silver Bundle which includes 4K content in line with your current subscription costs more than all other packages.

Well that don't make sense sky sports and movies costs £36 per month on sky q and no hd charge and the family pack equlivent is £6 dearer so you could say £42 and on virgin £39 plus the current £7 HD charge is £46

So £42 versus £46 and that's for 4K so we are not the same and that is worrying

muppetman11 11-08-2016 20:03

Not sure exactly where your getting your figures

Sky+ Family Bundle , Sports and Movies (HD) £80
Sky Q Silver , Sports and Movies (HD , UHD) £92

As I said UHD costs more

spiderplant 11-08-2016 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35853529)
I hope that they haven't changed it from IR to Bluetooth and that there will be a Harmony Remote profile available.

Will the new box still work with the original Tivo remote, and thus the current Harmony profile Spiderplant?

The old remote will work with the new box and vice versa, so I wouldn't expect any need to change your Harmony profile.

passingbat 11-08-2016 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35853540)
The old remote will work with the new box and vice versa, so I wouldn't expect any need to change your Harmony profile.

Thanks SP.

Ddonald2016 11-08-2016 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35853536)
Not sure exactly where your getting your figures

Sky+ Family Bundle , Sports and Movies (HD) £80
Sky Q Silver , Sports and Movies (HD , UHD) £92

As I said UHD costs more

Hey listen cool you did work it out better than I did, so what would mean you pay £5 for the sports in HD and a further £7 for UHD

But say you get sky q but you want movies and sports without UHD what then

jb66 11-08-2016 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35853540)

The new remote doesnt look like IR to me

johnathome 11-08-2016 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35853549)
The new remote doesnt look like IR to me

It's cabled and plugs in the back :)