Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : World Cup 2014 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33689613)

adzii_nufc 15-11-2013 21:33

Re: World Cup road to 2014

They hyped it up as Zlatan vs Cristiano. Ronaldo and Messi are in a league above elite players. He's miles ahead of Zlatan. Don't think there was any doubt.

This England team and performance is awful. How Roy Hodgson is England boss is anyone's guess. All he needs now is some rain and an umbrella.

thenry 15-11-2013 21:34

Finally! Barkley on

adzii_nufc 15-11-2013 21:49

Boring. Rubbish. Predictable. Sums up England.

Why keep up with the usual rubbish talk of "let's focus on the 2020 world cup"
Are people blind to the obvious? England are getting worse each year. Come 2020 we'll be lucky to even qualify. Ross Barkley isn't going to be that great. We can pretend he'll be a lampard and Gerrard but even then they couldn't get the job done either. English football would need a massive overhaul to achieve any significant improvement at international level. This won't happen anytime soon given the massive amount of money the premier league creates utilising foreign players.

thenry 15-11-2013 21:52

not entirely true Adz. Roys screwed up. the future is ok but fair enough dim compared to say Germanys influx

denphone 15-11-2013 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35645664)
Boring. Rubbish. Predictable. Sums up England.

Why keep up with the usual rubbish talk of "let's focus on the 2020 world cup"
Are people blind to the obvious? England are getting worse each year. Come 2020 we'll be lucky to even qualify. Ross Barkley isn't going to be that great. We can pretend he'll be a lampard and Gerrard but even then they couldn't get the job done either. English football would need a massive overhaul to achieve any significant improvement at international level. This won't happen anytime soon given the massive amount of money the premier league creates utilising foreign players.

With this bunch of losers we have got no chance next year.

Shadow Demon UK 15-11-2013 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35645658)
They hyped it up as Zlatan vs Cristiano. Ronaldo and Messi are in a league above elite players. He's miles ahead of Zlatan. Don't think there was any doubt.

Its ridiculous how this has even become a debate. Ronaldo is so much better than Ibrahimovic in every department. I want to hear someones argument for how Ibrahimovic is the better player...

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35645666)

People have been calling for the young players to get a chance for ages and after 1 game they get written off like this. Thats the spirit.

thenry 15-11-2013 22:08

and France lost 2 nil lol Ribery played the full 90. Ballon d'Or yeah right!

denphone 15-11-2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 35645670)
Its ridiculous how this has even become a debate. Ronaldo is so much better than Ibrahimovic in every department. I want to hear someones argument for how Ibrahimovic is the better player...

People have been calling for the young players to get a chance for ages and after 1 game they get written off like this. Thats the spirit.

But the young players have to seize the opportunity when given but sadly they did not seize it.

adzii_nufc 15-11-2013 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 35645670)

I have little interest in England's youth setup. It's as plain as it can be. They aren't good enough and at the current rate they never will be. Anyone that thinks England's youngsters have a chance at any future world cup is crazy. Everyone around England produces infinitely better players and plays infinitely better football than we do. I don't see it changing anytime soon. At current rate we're just doing a complete circle. If Ross Barkley ever reaches that same level as Lampard or Gerrard then what have we achieved? Nothing. We've just completed the circle. We'll still be long behind every other top international team.

The solution was already presented but it's not possible given the Premier League.

Rather than be mugged and hyped into hopeless rants about how next year will be our year, I'll sit back and accept reality. Changes have to be made and right now I don't see any change at all. They're quick to point out its the foreigners and the premier league but extremely lazy when it comes to solving it.

colin25 16-11-2013 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35645673)
and France lost 2 nil lol Ribery played the full 90. Ballon d'Or yeah right!

Does Ballon d'Or rely on international form? I would have thought messi would have struggled if that was true..among others

TheDaddy 16-11-2013 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35645666)

Couldn't give a toss about England, the club I support has given England so much and gets nothing back except our best young players leaving to get international recognition at a so called big club, tbh I'd rather the team wins the league cup than England the world cup.

colin25 16-11-2013 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35645728)
Couldn't give a toss about England, the club I support has given England so much and gets nothing back except our best young players leaving to get international recognition at a so called big club, tbh I'd rather the team wins the league cup than England the world cup.

I'm with you..let's start a club...England to lose world cup

wait..maybe already done..it is called..rest of the world :D

thenry 16-11-2013 16:35

Quote:

Germany will be without Mesut Ozil, Philip Lahm and Manuel Neuer for Tuesday's friendly with England as manager Joachim Low rotates his squad.

Borussia Dortmund trio Marco Reus, Roman Weidenfeller and Marcel Schmelzer are expected to step into the starting XI. One of the Bender brothers, Lars or Sven, will likely replace Sami Khedira, who tore the cruciate ligament in his right knee in Friday night's 1-1 draw with Italy at the San Siro.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...-friendly.html
depth! it doesnt always click though. thats been proven with Spain and erm.. England.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Quote:

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
France L'Equipe ratings: Lloris 5; Debuchy 4, Koscielny 3, Abidal 3, Evra 4; Pogba 5, Matuidi 5; Remy 4, Nasri 3, Ribery 4; Giroud 5
12:01 PM - 16 Nov 13
https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/401681375243161600
:LOL: Koscielny got sent off for slapping an opponent.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35645701)
Does Ballon d'Or rely on international form? I would have thought messi would have struggled if that was true..among others

some may consider it. some may not.

denphone 19-11-2013 20:42

Same old England defending poorly again.:td:

Shadow Demon UK 19-11-2013 21:22

Ronaldo again!!

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Portugal throwing it away now! 2-1 Sweden. Portugal going through on away goals at the moment...

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Ronaldo again!!! Incredible game!

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Hat trick now for Ronaldo. Give him the balon d'or now...brilliant hat trick, what a player!