Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Boxing : MMA (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33696287)

adzii_nufc 11-09-2016 14:40

Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35858632)
It was a mismatch in every way as one he is not a middleweight and two he has not got the boxing skills of a Sugar Ray Leonard or a Floyd Mayweather so who ever advised him to take this fight is pretty dumb IMO.

Well we all know who that was, Eddie Hearn of course, the same guy that I feel will mismanage Joshua too.

denphone 11-09-2016 14:48

Indeed he is more interested in money then the proper management and welfare of his fighters.

adzii_nufc 12-09-2016 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35858685)
Indeed he is more interested in money then the proper management and welfare of his fighters.

He won't let them out of their back yard. Golovkin and team wanted a Vegas fight, that's irrelevant though, the actual point is, Brook and others aren't getting any sort of proper experience. Brook was hopelessly mismatched despite the commentators efforts of screaming he's hurt him every time Brook landed a shot which was pretty embarrassing commentary from a usually good team, if they'd watched Golovkin before they'd know he's taken far worse than that and just walked through it, that's exactly what he did this time.

Brook's downfall was failing to use Amir's game against Canelo and do better at it. Khan was landing for fun and had Canelo looking like an amateur before getting his counter to the chin. Brook has a stronger chin and whilst not as quick as Khan, he isn't slow at all.

What actually happened is Brook went and stood toe to toe in exchanges with Golovkin, a suicidal move, if that was a gameplan from the offset by trainer and Brook alike then it was a shambles, a horrible idea. He was absolutely smashed to pieces despite landing his own punches, it was a battle he was never going to come out on top of, in doing so he got his eye socket destroyed and was rocked everytime Golovkin detonated. Fans can boo the stoppage and Golovkin but I have absolutely no doubt it would've ended far worse than that if they hadn't, there was no scenario where Brook was still on his feet after the sixth round, if he even made it out of that fifth. I'm fairly confident in saying had the towel not being thrown in, Golovkin would have really ended him, by that I mean Career wise. It was almost like Eubank a few months ago.

The only real positive I can see is there's not many Welterweights that could put him on the floor, Manny, Maidana and a select few, not many. Problem is, he's all too happy to call out names, but he's never too keen to get on the plane.

Brook vs ??
Khan vs Garcia, January I reckon.
Joshua vs ???

They don't know with Joshua, Hearn is trying his best to move away from a mandatory fight because he won't really allow Joshua to fight Haye yet, or anytime soon if he had the sense. Another win for Haye shoots him nearer to the top of a pretty awful ladder. Keeping Joshua away from a Mandatory will ensure he is forced to fight or vacate the title the fight after, by which time Haye might be bored and start chasing that drug cheat, Ortiz. Remains to be seen whether Fury is stripped of his titles and handed a ban along with Klitschko.

Chad 13-09-2016 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35858861)
He won't let them out of their back yard. Golovkin and team wanted a Vegas fight, that's irrelevant though, the actual point is, Brook and others aren't getting any sort of proper experience. Brook was hopelessly mismatched despite the commentators efforts of screaming he's hurt him every time Brook landed a shot which was pretty embarrassing commentary from a usually good team, if they'd watched Golovkin before they'd know he's taken far worse than that and just walked through it, that's exactly what he did this time.

Brook's downfall was failing to use Amir's game against Canelo and do better at it. Khan was landing for fun and had Canelo looking like an amateur before getting his counter to the chin. Brook has a stronger chin and whilst not as quick as Khan, he isn't slow at all.

What actually happened is Brook went and stood toe to toe in exchanges with Golovkin, a suicidal move, if that was a gameplan from the offset by trainer and Brook alike then it was a shambles, a horrible idea. He was absolutely smashed to pieces despite landing his own punches, it was a battle he was never going to come out on top of, in doing so he got his eye socket destroyed and was rocked everytime Golovkin detonated. Fans can boo the stoppage and Golovkin but I have absolutely no doubt it would've ended far worse than that if they hadn't, there was no scenario where Brook was still on his feet after the sixth round, if he even made it out of that fifth. I'm fairly confident in saying had the towel not being thrown in, Golovkin would have really ended him, by that I mean Career wise. It was almost like Eubank a few months ago.

The only real positive I can see is there's not many Welterweights that could put him on the floor, Manny, Maidana and a select few, not many. Problem is, he's all too happy to call out names, but he's never too keen to get on the plane.

Brook vs ??
Khan vs Garcia, January I reckon.
Joshua vs ???

They don't know with Joshua, Hearn is trying his best to move away from a mandatory fight because he won't really allow Joshua to fight Haye yet, or anytime soon if he had the sense. Another win for Haye shoots him nearer to the top of a pretty awful ladder. Keeping Joshua away from a Mandatory will ensure he is forced to fight or vacate the title the fight after, by which time Haye might be bored and start chasing that drug cheat, Ortiz. Remains to be seen whether Fury is stripped of his titles and handed a ban along with Klitschko.

Good points. If Kell moves up in weight I can see him facing someone like Austin Trout. A name most UK boxing fans will know who's on the slide. Never been stopped with his 3 defeats coming from Lara, Canelo and Charlo. His win against Cotto from a few years back should be enough to sell his as a viable opponent. Cheap to get him to the UK to.

As for Joshua he's out again in November. Joseph Parker has a fight coming up in a few weeks so can't see that happening soon. I would not be surprised to see AJ in with Kubrat Pulev who's ranked #2 with the IBF. Well known to boxing fans who watch the German shows. Only 1 KO win in the past 4 years and that was less than a year ago against a total journeyman. Current European champion with a win over Chisora. I'd say he's a step up for AJ but not a massive risk. Easy for Eddie and SKY to hype up.

adzii_nufc 13-09-2016 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35859100)
Good points. If Kell moves up in weight I can see him facing someone like Austin Trout. A name most UK boxing fans will know who's on the slide. Never been stopped with his 3 defeats coming from Lara, Canelo and Charlo. His win against Cotto from a few years back should be enough to sell his as a viable opponent. Cheap to get him to the UK to.

As for Joshua he's out again in November. Joseph Parker has a fight coming up in a few weeks so can't see that happening soon. I would not be surprised to see AJ in with Kubrat Pulev who's ranked #2 with the IBF. Well known to boxing fans who watch the German shows. Only 1 KO win in the past 4 years and that was less than a year ago against a total journeyman. Current European champion with a win over Chisora. I'd say he's a step up for AJ but not a massive risk. Easy for Eddie and SKY to hype up.

I'd actually like to see him fight Chisora, be a naff decision fans won't get behind but Chisora would be the strongest chin he's come across, having only being stopped by Haye and Fury or Klistchko couldn't floor him. He's not as easy to power punch as one would assume, Haye had to land counter shots to deck him rather than overhand lunges you usually see. It's a style fight and possibly a tuneup, a different tactician, Chisora isn't a great boxer, he's a wild one, something Joshua has yet to cope with, a wild boxer that moves forward from the offset and lunges with Deontay Wilder style awful punching but backed by a steel chin. Joshua won't be able to just pick off shots all night.

Still on the fence, I want the next Lewis as much as the next guy but with Joshua I still get the feeling he's a bodybuilder with a knockout punch and when he ends up facing the skillsets of the Fury's, Klitschko's, Wilder and Haye, he'll quickly come undone. I think both Wilder and Haye could put him down and I think Fury or Klitschko would outwork him for 12 rounds.

Then there's speculation whether the power is real, ''He's a massive puncher'' Yeah he has knockout wins, how many starts didn't under 20 fights? Can't really base punching power from guys with no reputation or chin quality.

The real problem for me is just the hype, I want to see Joshua done the best as possible, safe, built up, prepared and on top of the world. Eddie Hearn however can do one. Get this lad to the US and with a legend trainer and a good promoter.

adzii_nufc 23-09-2016 23:36

Fury vs Klitschko is off again. Fury citing issues but the reality is he's out of shape and hadn't even started a training camp for this fight. Its over then, he'll be stripped of the titles shortly for failing to defend without a suitable reason and it can't be rescheduled because they're both facing a potential ban for being flagged in doping tests, that hearing occurs in November.

On the plus side its likely that Haye will be one of those in for the vacant belts. I get the impression Fury is done with the sport, Good victory against Wlad but its clear he thinks himself that he fluked it and why bother trying again, got his money and went home.

At Haye's vastly improved weight and physique its clear he's gearing up for Klitschko too. Second times a charm, if he fights on the outside this time and doesn't allow Klitschko grab hold every time Haye throws one then I think Haye will bury him. A lot of people rule Haye out but not even Klitschko would stand and trade, choosing to clinch every time Haye landed. Haye in this shape can neutralize the infamous lean of doom and leave Klitschko with just his one dimensional jab. The last person to stand Haye up and trade was the supposed Steel chinned Chisora. We all know how that ended.

adzii_nufc 26-09-2016 10:07

My impression appears to be correct.

Tyson Fury unoficially quits. Overpaid lazy cheating knob.

Expect the Governing bodies to strip him of the titles soon ahead of his potential doping ban later.

All this has done really is fuel the theory that Fury was always a doper and the testing bodies only really hunt major bouts because they're hopeless. Suggests Fury was doping throughout and can't get in shape now he's been flagged. Also note Klitschko was flagged in the same fight.

denphone 26-09-2016 10:26

Sadly the heavyweight division IMO now is utterly contemptible compared to the days of yore and the legends that made the heavyweight division in the olden days.

Osem 26-09-2016 11:58

Boxing has gone the same way as Hollywood - BS, hype and rematches.

denphone 26-09-2016 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35860570)
Boxing has gone the same way as Hollywood - BS, hype and rematches.

Yes l remember the good old days when we had world class boxing on terrestrial TV and ever since that disappeared then its been a downhill slide ever since for the sport IMO.

Osem 26-09-2016 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35860572)
Yes l remember the good old days when we had world class boxing on terrestrial TV and ever since that disappeared then its been a downhill slide ever since for the sport IMO.

The Rumble in the Jungle - Oh my God he's won the title back at 32!!! :)

denphone 30-09-2016 18:12

Tyson Fury tests positive for cocaine and could lose titles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a7339851.html

adzii_nufc 30-09-2016 18:59

Wait what? So what did Klitschko fail on then :erm:

What a sham. You can forget might lose the titles. He was already being stripped. The hearing for the violations are still in place for November I think.

adzii_nufc 16-10-2016 13:48

Bellew charges Haye post fight. Delusional man.

I hope Haye takes the fight, forget this Heavyweight drama. Bellew is the best of a rubbish division, he's talking crap like that to a man that knocked out everyone he beat at Cruiserweight and is knocking out Heavyweights for fun.

Bellew is hopelessly out of his depth here. The first time he faced someone with a decent punch, they buried him. The outcome is the same here. Get Bellew to Heavyweight and Haye will bury him. Haye has put too much work in to get into his current shape, weight gains etc. He won't be dropping down for anyone.

Insane from Bellew, another gobby waste of 'Talent' Adonis Stevenson nearly decapitated him with a straight left. Better sort that horrible defence and wonky chin :erm: Anyone with half a brain can telegraph his left hand too, someone needs to teach him the purpose of having two hands.

denphone 17-10-2016 06:19

The trouble with too many fighters nowadays in boxing is they open their mouths too much rather then acting like some of the old boxers acted and that was with class and humidity.