Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

dilli-theclaw 24-08-2005 09:46

Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip.j.fry
Yes, sadly not this time though. You're in for a treat when it arrives here though, the new series is much much better than the first. Given that the first series was already one of the best sci-fi TV shows in a very long time, I think I have to mark this series down as the best sci-fi TV show I have ever seen.

I am a lot more impressed with this season than the last one.

philip.j.fry 24-08-2005 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I am a lot more impressed with this season than the last one.

You must have built a time-machine just like me then ;)

dilli-theclaw 24-08-2005 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip.j.fry
You must have built a time-machine just like me then ;)

Something like that ;):D

Stephen 24-08-2005 10:02

Yep this series of Battlestar is fantastic really enjoying it. Also series 9 of Sg-1 and series 2 of Atlantis are really cool too.

The 4400 is getting really interesting as well.

Maggy 24-08-2005 12:17

There is a new series started on the Sci-Fi channel called Code Name Eternity.

Does anyone know anything about this series?Like does it last longer than one series?Because if not I see no point in becoming involved in it. ;)

dilli-theclaw 24-08-2005 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognitas
There is a new series started on the Sci-Fi channel called Code Name Eternity.

Does anyone know anything about this series?Like does it last longer than one series?Because if not I see no point in becoming involved in it. ;)

Well I've just looked it up on google and I can only find a 1999 listing. So I'd say no. But I'm prepared to be corrected.

Paul 24-08-2005 12:22

Only one series (of 26 episodes) was made.

kookook 30-08-2005 10:18

John Harrison, who wrote and directed The Sci Fi Channel's upcoming miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune, will adapt the second and third books, Dune Messiah and Children of Dune, for a sequel. Harrison indicated that the sequel may be ready for release sometime in 2002.

As for the upcoming miniseries, Harrison said that he hopes viewers will avoid comparisons with David Lynch's 1984 feature-film that turned into an expensive flop. "I didn't set out to correct or remake Lynch's movie," Harrison said. "It's impossible to do justice to the book in a two-hour [feature]. I had the advantage of six, and I just tried to create a faithful adaptation of Frank Herbert's book."

The Sci Fi Channel's six-hour Dune miniseries is the most expensive programming produced for the network. Starring William Hurt and shot by Oscar winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor), the six hour epic cost $20 million to make, and even more to promote through theatrical trailers, video billboards, and an Internet ad campaign that began early this year. The miniseries airs December 3-5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Mal 30-08-2005 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookook
John Harrison, who wrote and directed The Sci Fi Channel's upcoming miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune, will adapt the second and third books, Dune Messiah and Children of Dune, for a sequel. Harrison indicated that the sequel may be ready for release sometime in 2002.

As for the upcoming miniseries, Harrison said that he hopes viewers will avoid comparisons with David Lynch's 1984 feature-film that turned into an expensive flop. "I didn't set out to correct or remake Lynch's movie," Harrison said. "It's impossible to do justice to the book in a two-hour [feature]. I had the advantage of six, and I just tried to create a faithful adaptation of Frank Herbert's book."

The Sci Fi Channel's six-hour Dune miniseries is the most expensive programming produced for the network. Starring William Hurt and shot by Oscar winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor), the six hour epic cost $20 million to make, and even more to promote through theatrical trailers, video billboards, and an Internet ad campaign that began early this year. The miniseries airs December 3-5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The information is a bit out of date. The Children of Dune is already out. :shrug:

Paul 11-09-2005 15:24

The 4400 Series 2 starts on Sky One on Sept 27th at 8pm.

Stephen 11-09-2005 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
The 4400 Series 2 starts on Sky One on Sept 27th at 8pm.

And what a good series it is too;) Can't wait for the 3rd to come out

homealone 11-09-2005 18:10

there is a new series of 'Hex' starting on Sky One on the 18th Sept, I quite enjoyed the first one.

The only problem is that it clashes with 'Lost' & 'Jonathan Creek'...

Paul 11-09-2005 20:11

'Jonathan Creek' is a repeat (and often repeated). As for 'Lost' - I find this boring, but am confused anyway, what channel are you watching it - on as I can't see it on a Sunday anywhere ?

homealone 11-09-2005 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
'Jonathan Creek' is a repeat (and often repeated). As for 'Lost' - I find this boring, but am confused anyway, what channel are you watching it - on as I can't see it on a Sunday anywhere ?

'Jonathan Creek' has Julia Sawalha in it :drool:

'Lost' is on E4.

'Hex' also has a couple of 'incentives' to watch :naughty: - it is going to be a difficult choice. :)

Paul 11-09-2005 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
'Lost' is on E4.

It's repeated on C4 twice. So Hex is the winner. :)