Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Government & Post Election Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705028)

Mr K 30-06-2017 12:46

Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905720)
they have apparently been bragging on line , that's an admission of guilt ,you seem to be disrespecting mr bone for seeking out the truth .is that the labour way disrespect and cover up ?

that isn't evidence, it's hearsay and might just be social media bragging. The voting records will be rock solid evidence, so it's easily checked.

If anybody has voted twice how do we know they haven't voted Tory ?

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35905722)
Absolute nonsense. Voting twice in a General Election, is fraud regardless of voting intentions, you say this is not wide spread, you have no idea but even if it is just 10 or 10,000 additional votes, it's enough in some constituencies to change the result given how many had very slim majorities. It is cheating and disrespecting to democracy, but given how you have no respect for it, it's not surprising you would just turn a blind eye to it because the result did not go your way. :rolleyes:

There were close results either way Mick, and fraud might have occurred either way, but you're so one eyed you hadn't thought of that. If there's fraud, investigate and prove it - it should be straightforward in the case of voting twice. A turnout of 101% would raise my suspicions (;)), but don't think that's happened.

I'm all for more security on voting, as long as it doesn't put obstacles in the way of genuine voting. But apply it to all voting, in the polling station, postal votes - not just target one age group that might not vote for you. They'll be changing the electoral boundaries to suit themselves next.....

papa smurf 30-06-2017 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905723)
that isn't evidence, it's hearsay and might just be social media bragging. The voting records will be rock solid evidence, so it's easily checked.

If anybody has voted twice how do we know they haven't voted Tory ?

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

There were close results either way Mick, and fraud might have occurred either way, but you're so one eyed you hadn't thought of that. If there's fraud, investigate and prove it - it should be straightforward in the case of voting twice. A turnout of 101% would raise my suspicions (;)), but don't think that's happened.

I'm all for more security on voting, as long as it doesn't put obstacles in the way of genuine voting. But apply it to all voting, in the polling station, postal votes - not just target one age group that might not vote for you. They'll be changing the electoral boundaries to suit themselves next.....

it won't matter when they are convicted of election fraud -it's not who they voted for but that they voted twice .

Mr K 30-06-2017 12:52

See Peter Bonehead is also complaining about MP's not wearing ties. I wonder if he has anything genuine to campaign on, like his local NHS services . He has my award for Upperclass Twit of the Year.

papa smurf 30-06-2017 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905728)
See Peter Bonehead is also complaining about MP's not wearing ties. I wonder if he has anything genuine to campaign on, like his local NHS services . He has my award for Upperclass Twit of the Year.

as the incumbent award owner will you be presenting the award ?;)

Paul 30-06-2017 13:27

Now now, play nice people :nono:

Mr K 30-06-2017 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35905730)
Now now, play nice people :nono:

No worries I get on with Smurf, disagree on most things , but at least he has a sense of humour. ;)

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905728)

Acutally found Boneheads views on the NHS: -
Quote:

"would not be out of place in Stalin's Russia".
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...t-1773092.html

mmmm.....

papa smurf 30-06-2017 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905734)
No worries I get on with Smurf, disagree on most things , but at least he has a sense of humour. ;)

it's all in fun ;)

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

In a 2007 paper, Peter Bone, the MP for Wellingborough, added that "we have gone from having one of the best health services in the Western world to arguably the worst", which had "centralised and Stalinist management"

well that should please jezza

Osem 30-06-2017 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35905722)
Absolute nonsense. Voting twice in a General Election, is fraud regardless of voting intentions, you say this is not wide spread, you have no idea but even if it is just 10 or 10,000 additional votes, it's enough in some constituencies to change the result given how many had very slim majorities. It is cheating and disrespecting to democracy, but given how you have no respect for it, it's not surprising you would just turn a blind eye to it because the result did not go your way. :rolleyes:

As usual...

Hypocrisy is what we've come to expect from the rose tinted brigade.

Damien 30-06-2017 14:22

People voting twice in an election is a problem and illegal. The police should investigate where there is reason to do so. However in lieu of much evidence that this was widespread if it happened at all we don't need to push the panic buttons yet.

Damien 30-06-2017 14:52

Can we stop the snide remarks at other members

denphone 02-07-2017 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35905675)
He is far from popular. If he was popular, he would have won the election. Had anyone else other than him be Labour leader, then we would be looking at a Labour government. :dozey:

But we're in what, 2nd week of Parliament, yet it's business as usual in Labour, resignations, sackings etc :rolleyes:

Well not being a great fan of him personally but if things continue in the same vein then he is heading for power as Theresa Mays popularity slumps quicker then conkers falling from a tree in early October.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ment-101367435

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...egatively-poll

papa smurf 02-07-2017 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35905902)
Well not being a great fan of him personally but if things continue in the same vein then he is heading for power as Theresa Mays popularity slumps quicker then conkers falling from a tree in early October.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ment-101367435

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...egatively-poll

and pigs will fly

rousing up the rabble rent a mob onto the streets is about all Corbyn is capable of,and waving bits of cardboard around and promising what he can't deliver is only fooling the fools any one with any common sense can see through his uncosted plans and nonsensical promises .

denphone 02-07-2017 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905903)
and pigs will fly

rousing up the rabble rent a mob onto the streets is about all Corbyn is capable of,and waving bits of cardboard around and promising what he can't deliver is only fooling the fools any one with any common sense can see through his uncosted plans and nonsensical promises .

Perhaps you need to read this as it might enlighten you.:)

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/...e-tories-for/#

papa smurf 02-07-2017 07:22

Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘million’ fans protest as deluded Diane Abbott declares he will be PM

IT was not quite a million and it did not bring down the Government. But tens of thousands of hard-core Corbynistas heeded their masters’ calls and took to the streets of London yesterday in a mass protest against the Conservatives.

this kind of student politics will get him nowhere ,protesting every week and bitching about the government after he lost the general election is just pathetic

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...h-Diane-Abbott

TheDaddy 02-07-2017 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905903)
and pigs will fly

I thought it was an already established fact that it was the tories that didn't bother to cost their budget, they didn't think enough of the electorate to waste their time on minor details like that and those fools may well succeed in getting tuition fees scrapped which would be good for our democracy, the young people will see democracy in action and hopefully vote more in the future for whatever party plus it's good to see a politician offering hope instead of the politics of fear that have prevailed for to long imo