Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Snow ! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33610665)

Richard M 23-02-2005 08:13

Re: [Merged] Snow !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Your "mom"? :erm:

That's the way things are going Neil, what with kids growing up with the 'net there (unlike we did, we just had Commodore Vic 20s ;) ) and with the 'net being so dominated by Americans we'll see more of their language infiltrating ours...

Neil 23-02-2005 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard M
That's the way things are going Neil, what with kids growing up with the 'net there (unlike we did, we just had Commodore Vic 20s ;) ) and with the 'net being so dominated by Americans we'll see more of their language infiltrating ours...

:LOL: You "so" hit the nail on the head "buddy"! :D

Richard M 23-02-2005 08:17

Damn straight... :D

nffc 23-02-2005 08:21

Settled properly now.

Stephen 23-02-2005 08:34

1 Attachment(s)
Snowing quite heavy here in Glasgow.

homealone 23-02-2005 08:49

set out to cycle to work in a full scale snow shower, of course it was bright sunshine by the time I got here - so my garb of jacket+fleece, waterproof trousers, reflective vest & balaclava was a tad OTT :erm:

- nice & snug & dry, though, must remember to renew the scotchguard on my shoes :D

Nugget 23-02-2005 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
set out to cycle to work in a full scale snow shower<snip>

That's nothing - after Mondays shenanigans, I nicked a snowplough :D . Then again, I did get a few funny looks when I drove it straight into a field - if you've got a snowplough, you might as well use it, eh ;)

Stephen 23-02-2005 10:49

Well it is still snowing here but does not seem to be laying. so even after a few hours it still looks like my last pic.

bb31 23-02-2005 10:58

had a nightmare of a morning, stuck in traffic on the way to the vets (cat got poorly paw) took an hour for a 10 min journey, came out of the vets and i had left my lights on so the battery was dead. freezing cold and stuck in a load of snow im not happy. Had to wait for a jump start to get home

should have been at work at 8.30 :Yikes:

homealone 23-02-2005 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb31
had a nightmare of a morning, stuck in traffic on the way to the vets (cat got poorly paw) took an hour for a 10 min journey, came out of the vets and i had left my lights on so the battery was dead. freezing cold and stuck in a load of snow im not happy. Had to wait for a jump start to get home

aww bless - you may need to think about having your battery properly charged up, bb31, it won't get much charge just pootling round town with all the lights & heaters on. :dozey:

Matthew 24-02-2005 00:15

It's been none stop now for nearly an hour. It looks about an inch thick.

There is lots of slush still under some of it around here but by morning I think it will be thick.

Just hope schools closed as lots of them were in Lincs and they are only down the road from N E Lincs.

We'll see what the morning bring when I get up.

nffc 24-02-2005 00:48

Yeah I hope it settles properly again. Getting to lectures was brill today.

bopdude 24-02-2005 00:52

Nearly gone here due to the fact its tossing it down with rain now :shrug: can't win, good ol' British weather ;)

Chris W 24-02-2005 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb31

you should have called debs to come and rescue you with her super zippy car :p:

Marge 24-02-2005 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybreath
you should have called debs to come and rescue you with her super zippy car :p:

Ohhhh no chance me going up t'hills where bb31 lives, I've skidded once already in my baby today and was nearly bawling :erm: :cry: