Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700306)

tweetiepooh 20-03-2015 15:51

Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

Personally I don't really want a car show. Car's are metal boxes with wheels and an engine.

Top Gear is much more like an entertainment show that centres around cars. My wife and I generally enjoy the show but not when it gets to "cary".

Sirius 20-03-2015 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35766171)
Personally I don't really want a car show. Car's are metal boxes with wheels and an engine.

Top Gear is much more like an entertainment show that centres around cars. My wife and I generally enjoy the show but not when it gets to "cary".

Indeed its the 3 middle aged men larking about that i find funny. The cars dont interest me as much.

alanbjames 20-03-2015 16:03

The only problem i have with Top Gear and the show is the money put into it.

They do rediculous things like see who can get to italy fastest a car or a train and its all on the tax payer + not to mention the salaries.

What also ive found strange is BBC are meant to be impartial and not advertise products yet this show does the opposite.

Sirius 20-03-2015 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35766174)

They do rediculous things like see who can get to italy fastest a car or a train and its all on the tax payer + not to mention the salaries.

What also ive found strange is BBC are meant to be impartial and not advertise products yet this show does the opposite.

From what i have read the show funds it's self via the overseas element. It makes a hell of a lot of money via BBC worldwide.

Hom3r 20-03-2015 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 35766174)

Top Gear makes far more than it spends by several millions.

Osem 20-03-2015 22:10

Yeah it helps pay all those left leaning, PC infected, expense claiming executives who hate JC and his ilk.

Arthurgray50@blu 21-03-2015 17:31

Why is everyone trying to defend Clarkson. There are witnesses to the offence. No its not of me saying where are the facts.

Its Gross Misconduct, and should be sacked. And its assault. Its typical of all these big stars, they seem to think that they are bigger than the show

Hom3r 21-03-2015 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35766393)
Why is everyone trying to defend Clarkson. There are witnesses to the offence. No its not of me saying where are the facts.

Its Gross Misconduct, and should be sacked. And its assault. Its typical of all these big stars, they seem to think that they are bigger than the show

Some say he hit the guy (they weren't there.)

Some say he didn't hit the guy (they were there.

So I know who I believe.

heero_yuy 21-03-2015 17:39

Whatever the truth is it's a multi-million pound disaster for the BBC apparatchiks.

Osem 21-03-2015 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35766397)
Whatever the truth is it's a multi-million pound disaster for the BBC apparatchiks.

Well who cares - it's only our money after all... :rolleyes:

The bloated, out of touch BBC hierarchy whose inflated wages and lavish expenses we pay have to live up to their PC credentials don't they? Since when did licence payers really matter to these people? They're only interested in perpetuating their political message and looking after themselves and their own.

Stephen 21-03-2015 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35766393)

Whilst I am not 'defending' him by any means. We don't know the full facts of what actually happened so claims that he punched the guy are a bit over the top.

Where are these so called witnesses then? I wouldn't call it gross misconduct.

Look at it this way, Clarkson could have had a long day and was tired and wanted something decent to eat but to then get told no hot food just a salad bar and a cold meat platter.

I would probably be rather angry and giving people what for as well. I know thats also probably not acceptable to you but its how a lot of people would probably react.

Maggy 22-03-2015 00:06

I'm fed up with the whole issue..It's a good time to bury bad news.

Russ 22-03-2015 07:41

Or Clarkson.

Sirius 22-03-2015 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35766437)
Well who cares - it's only our money after all... :rolleyes:

The bloated, out of touch BBC hierarchy whose inflated wages and lavish expenses we pay have to live up to their PC credentials don't they? Since when did licence payers really matter to these people? They're only interested in perpetuating their political message and looking after themselves and their own.

Why should the BBC worry if they lose their Top Gear cash cow? All they need to do is go cap in hand to their even bigger cash cow the poor old TV tax payers. They will put on a sad face and the money will be given to them.

Maggy 22-03-2015 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35766489)
Why should the BBC worry if they lose their Top Gear cash cow? All they need to do is go cap in hand to their even bigger cash cow the poor old TV tax payers. They will put on a sad face and the money will be given to them.

Yes maybe we will get something better..Frankly I'd rather have them keep Ripper Street and have abandoned Top Gear..