Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football Talk 2006/2007 Season (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=50664)

Logan 28-01-2007 17:04

Re: Football Talk 2006/2007 Season

Quiet from the Forest fans all of a sudden :D

yesman 28-01-2007 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 34208244)
Quiet from the Forest fans all of a sudden :D

At the present time the result today was likely, Chelsea 3 Forest 0, ( I thought it was going to be more at one point).
I read somewhere today though, that a few years ago Forest would not have thought twice about drawing Chelsea in the FA Cup, or anything else for that matter.

It is a pity that such a great club like Forest is where it is at the moment, but they are heading in the right direction at least. :tu:

Drogba Goal

nffc 28-01-2007 22:32

Not really. Just not really thought to comment on it.

Some musings:
- wondering what would have happened if we'd played Clingan from the start.
- Their goals were incredibly lucky though - the first was heavily deflected off Curtis and Smith probably would have saved it, he should have saved the FK if he'd moved earlier, and the third was just a mess.
- Chavchenko missed a host of chances, 30 million my ass.
- I haven't seen a side have so much possession in a half ever.
- Anyway, this match highlighted what we all knew before that. We were never going to get anything, case of damage limitation, and aside from taking half a game to settle it was - 3-0 is convincing, but not really hammered.
- Gary Holt is ****, he does nothing. He's incapable of anything.
- Bennett still doesn't know where the left back position is, he thinks he should stay on the touchline halfway between the centre line and the goal line, or even in front of the D. At times, we had Grant Holt, Breckin, Curtis and at one point even Tyson covering his position.
- Lester is finished, that challenge on Morais was awful (Rumour is, he's off to Northampton as p/ex for Luke Chambers this week).
- Grant Holt is not a left mid, why did we not start with Tyson or even Perch there?
- Otherwise, once they'd worked who to pass to, and that they actually had to try and harry Chelski, they were OK.
- That ginga 16 year old child that Chelski brought on... priceless :D

It was always going to be about the money. Hopefully watching bridge will show Bennett how to be a left back. Money from the TV, and the gate receipts, will help Forest a lot. A day out, good experience for the players, now let's get the league back on track and go up, then we can think about playing them as the norm. Long way to go though.

Rumour also is that Prutton's returning from Southampton this week for 250k. Boy do we need him then we can **** Gary Holt off to the stud.

yesman 28-01-2007 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by nffc (Post 34208450)
Not really. Just not really thought to comment on it.

Some musings:
- wondering what would have happened if we'd played Clingan from the start.
- Their goals were incredibly lucky though - the first was heavily deflected off Curtis and Smith probably would have saved it, he should have saved the FK if he'd moved earlier, and the third was just a mess.
- Chavchenko missed a host of chances, 30 million my ass.
- I haven't seen a side have so much possession in a half ever.
- Anyway, this match highlighted what we all knew before that. We were never going to get anything, case of damage limitation, and aside from taking half a game to settle it was - 3-0 is convincing, but not really hammered.
- Gary Holt is ****, he does nothing. He's incapable of anything.
- Bennett still doesn't know where the left back position is, he thinks he should stay on the touchline halfway between the centre line and the goal line, or even in front of the D. At times, we had Grant Holt, Breckin, Curtis and at one point even Tyson covering his position.
- Lester is finished, that challenge on Morais was awful (Rumour is, he's off to Northampton as p/ex for Luke Chambers this week).
- Grant Holt is not a left mid, why did we not start with Tyson or even Perch there?
- Otherwise, once they'd worked who to pass to, and that they actually had to try and harry Chelski, they were OK.
- That ginga 16 year old child that Chelski brought on... priceless :D

It was always going to be about the money. Hopefully watching bridge will show Bennett how to be a left back. Money from the TV, and the gate receipts, will help Forest a lot. A day out, good experience for the players, now let's get the league back on track and go up, then we can think about playing them as the norm. Long way to go though.

Rumour also is that Prutton's returning from Southampton this week for 250k. Boy do we need him then we can **** Gary Holt off to the stud.

Some good reading for you nffc.
I came across an archived CUFC site, not sure that you would remember this, but have a look. better times for both teams/clubs perhaps.

nffc 28-01-2007 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman (Post 34208482)
Some good reading for you nffc.
I came across an archived CUFC site, not sure that you would remember this, but have a look. better times for both teams/clubs perhaps.

I was fourteen then! I do remember it, we drew ManScum in the next round. That was our last season in the top flight.

tick 28-01-2007 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nffc (Post 34208495)
I was fourteen then! I do remember it, we drew ManScum in the next round. That was our last season in the top flight.

I was there better time for both clubs.
We went down hill big time hope you don't

iadom 29-01-2007 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tick (Post 34208502)
I was there better time for both clubs.
We went down hill big time hope you don't

Forest are in the third division, you can't go much further down hill. :)

sherer 29-01-2007 09:58

i was at the Palace game at the weekend first time i seen us since the start of the season

we had close the main stand and behind one of the goals but still charged £25 so not a great atmosphere to start with

we was ok in the first half but dire in the second and they deserved to be booed at the end.. some of the players aren't even good enough for the championship and it's no wonder we are in trouble in the league.. we don't deserve to be in 14th

Shadow Demon UK 29-01-2007 14:47

FA Cup 5th Round Draw -

Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
Watford v Ipswich
Preston v Man City
Plymouth v Derby County
Man Utd v Reading
Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn
Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
Fulham v Tottenham

Home draws for the 'Big three' if Arsenal get through.

DocDutch 29-01-2007 15:52

Chelsea is lucky again...just a lowly Championship team again....

yesman 29-01-2007 17:21

Football attendance tables, see where your club is.
No need to guess who is at number 1.

CUFC are the 4th highest supported conference team behind Oxford, Exeter & York at number 90.

Interesting to see who is lying at the 93rd spot though....

http://www.tonykempster.co.uk/attcomp.htm

Shadow Demon UK 29-01-2007 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman (Post 34208897)

CUFC are the 4th highest supported conference team behind Oxford, Exeter & York at number 90.

I see Merrow's average attendance has gone up from 8 to 17.

My brother's Sunday league team gets higher attendancs than that :rofl:

iadom 29-01-2007 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman (Post 34208897)

Or who is 94th as well.

carlingman 30-01-2007 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34208795)
FA Cup 5th Round Draw -

Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
Watford v Ipswich
Preston v Man City
Plymouth v Derby County
Man Utd v Reading
Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn
Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
Fulham v Tottenham

Home draws for the 'Big three' if Arsenal get through.

Damn was hoping for Chelski or Man Ure home or away for the Arsenal as we may as well beat them en route rather than the final.

Although with Bolton being a bogey team for us I could live to regret that statement very soon.

:D

tick 30-01-2007 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 34208629)
Forest are in the third division, you can't go much further down hill. :)

how about the confrence?
its bad down here